Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Doogels

Why on Earth can we not modify our Recently Played list? I pay for this service, and I demand control of my data.

epi-usa

145 more votes and maybe Spotify will read this post 

I want to pitch an idea about the “Recently Played” slide on your iOS and Computer/Laptop Home screen, I wish to see  the ability to Clear/Remove Artists, Songs and or Albums from you’re “Recently Played” slide as over the years i have some Artists, Songs and or Albums i would prefer not to appear on my Home screen! (I am a bit of a minimalist). 

Thankyou!

Hppy_Destiny

I remember when I would look at songs and playlist and accidentally click on them and I would go and be able to delete them from my recently played and I did it one time and I tried to delete it and I was not able too and I feel like we should , I also think a lot of people like when they could delete songs and playlist from their recently played and I feel like we should still be able to .

YoungSweden

lol, how lazy does spotify need to be. Bearly any money goes to the artists and spotify is too **bleep**ed to make there app better.

mannagen

I'm not sure why this is a "New Idea" - this used to be a feature of Spotify. Why would you remove it and then ask us to make a suggestion to put it back in. There are even a number of guides that explain the process from the previous capability. This is kind of BS, seeing as how a number of integrations (e.g. Siri, Alexa, etc.) commonly get things wrong and add stuff we DON'T actually listen to. Please add this back in already. 

laughlaf

Hurry up and fix this. 

jlnll

I feel like this should be such an easy fix, and not really anything that would affect the service as a whole. However, not having this feature is affecting people and making the overall experience bad. It affects the entire algorithm too, and there are tons of artists I don't want in my recently played. I don't understand why you even removed it, because it's not a huge feature? Please fix this. You keep saying songs disappear, but I've been listening to tons of new music and now it's piling up along with playlists and artists I wish to remove. 

j4sf

Hey,

Why for God's sake did you remove the "delete from recent played". I look for albums/songs that I like to listen to but not all fall in my taste. The annoying thing is that all these albums clutter my recently played list. Until last update it was simple. A right click and choosing the option "delete from my recently played" and the album was removed, keeping my recently played list well organized. What's the point of removing this possibility? 
Regards

Jean 

Oumledauphin

I suppose I have to add a message here to bump this "not new idea at all as it was there before but not anymore". The best part is I can still watch tens of tutorials/videos explaining how to do it (the famous ... option / remove from recently played).

Thank you for rolling back to where we were.
Olivier