Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 500 votes! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

This is a very good and useful for Spotify Web, Desktop and Android apps. Please keep this up.

Beellaaxo

Please add this to the next update it would be lovely.

Radosslav

This functionality MUST be brought back asap!

I have no idea what the reason is to remove it after the big redesign, but it's critical for the user experience!

Very often we just want to try any song for 5-10 seconds and this not mean that we like it and want to see it non-stop without an option to delete it.

darkvertex

This is ridiculous. It's way too easy to poison your recs by letting someone play something that they like in the car, or using smart speakers with guests.

chunger

Only reason i can think of why Spotify would intentionally remove this option is to generate profits.  If you use a smart speaker, and don't want random music/artists on your personal playlists then you'd need to setup a new account just for your smart speakers, therefore trying forcing you to upgrade your account subscription.  If this isn't fixed soon, probably better to cancel and stop using Spotify altogether.  Their platform isn't any better than all the other alternatives... and in some cases Spotify does worse.

michaelboldt

asking to get this issue fixed is going on and on here for years, and the developer team does not care at all.

Let us move our comments and ratings to the broad public via the App Store and their siblings on the other platforms.  This probably will build some pressure.

AlexC908

It's a shame such basic functionality is not implemented, for whatever corporate goal is trying to be met. Every other platform has this functionality, which I am seriously considering making the effort to switch to, regardless of the 8+ years of playlists and saves on Spotify. That's how egregious it is NOT to be able to remove recently played track. It ruins the total experience.

I really hope Spotify investors see core users, who have been using Spotify PREMIUM for years, leaving the platform over these personalization restrictions it puts on users to control what they want to see or listen to. Basically, if you consider any media platform's foundation, one that at least has the user in mind, would allow for such a simple functionality. It's obvious based on the community forums that the user is in fact NOT who this is being designed for, but rather to garner nice-looking statistics for Spotify management and investors.

You make us, the users, feel dumb by doing this. Are we indeed that daft that you can't trust us with our tastes? Please consider this sentiment as a broad feeling among the user base (among conversations that happen OUTSIDE these forums).

hekataeon

Please for the love of all that is holy, bring this back. I literally created a community account after having a premium account for nearly ten years just to post about this. People have been asking for this for a great long while. My son occasionally uses my Spotify account & it absolutely destroys both my stats for Spotify Wrapped & my recommendations in one fell swoop. At the very least it should be a feature available to premium users. It isn't like this has never been done before - it was a basic feature we had that Spotify took away & I'm dangerously close to moving to Tidal because I'm so frustrated with this whole thing. Why do we need to beg on the forums for a basic feature that we've been asking that they restore for literal years? 

michaelboldt
please do not complain here, because this is obviously useless in this never ending story.

May I suggest you and others post their text as negative rating in the App Store.
This will be read by far more people than here in this „lost” Forum.

Cheers, Michael