Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Music Videos

Idea: "[All Platforms] Music videos"

Artists record a video to go with their music / you could upload the music videos that already exist!
I really want to watch them on Spotify while listening.

At Apple Music I can choose between listening to the music, or watching their video. 

Updated on 2019-09-16

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
charliecrash

Yeah, like an interactive VH-1, I'd love that. Make also videos run on all cast devices.

Just do it, this is a great idea, and a better version of ad-bloated YouTube and dodgy uploads from unknown sources.

I don't see why the music corps wouldn't promote artists even better this way.

I might be a bit oldschool, but I miss old MTV and VIVA and the constant feed of new stuff and influences.

CilanSanz

please do not delete the vertical videos of the songs, it would be interesting to be able to access them in the profile of the artist without requiring them to delete it from playlists.

notanewbie

They should replace Canvases when canvases aren't available.

ramiu5

It would be awesome especially when running spotify on a firestick / rocku whatever through the TV to have the option to show the music videos if they exist with the songs in your playlist.

Michellek1m

THIS IS THE MAIN THING THAT MAKES APPLE MUSIC BETTER. If spotify gives the option to watch the official music video of the song on the app, it would make the app SO MUCH BETTER. Just give us the option

notanewbie

Make a partnership with VEVO, even.

Miller2077

This is a very good idea, it gets you more immersed if thats what you want. Even if there isn't a music video available for whatever reason I would be fine with a background on Spotify that moves to the sound. They could make it Premium only which would give people more reason to download the app. I couldn't imagine it being that hard to implement into the application. They could give people the option to turn it off or on. 

TomLegend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2019-09-16

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Brettwinzer1

Yes it's a great idea and it would really cement spotify as being the best streaming service. Please vote for music videos everyone. 

Brettwinzer1

Please everyone vote for this idea and mine as well. Music videos are integral to the Music Industry now. There are some amazing Music videos which really compliment the songs. Please Spotify get music videos on your service.