Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Music Videos

Idea: "[All Platforms] Music videos"

Artists record a video to go with their music / you could upload the music videos that already exist!
I really want to watch them on Spotify while listening.

At Apple Music I can choose between listening to the music, or watching their video. 

Updated on 2019-09-16

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
Punkyskunky

Really loved this feature when I subbed to Groove Music. Was able to play a playlist on my chromecast or xbox and if a video was available it played it. Made it more interesting to have it on the tv. Hope it makes it on to spotify.

AndreM

I wish there were high-quality 1080p/4K official music videos on Spotify's artists' pages. I'm tired of having to go to YouTube often to find low-quality videos all over the place...

Artists also have live concerts and DVDs with exclusive material as part of their catalogs; I wish that was available to view on Spotify as well.

Logan2495

I had this idea when looking at the short little animations that play on mobile the you're listening to a song. Not sure if it was just me, but I always wondered why it was just a 3/4 second loop of the music video. 

I thought it would be a cool feature for mobile if on songs that released music videos, if you turned your phone sideways, the music video of the song you're listening to would play fully 🙂 

Anyone else think this would be cool??

AblissMusic

I think it'd be cool to see you guys add support for music videos, kind of like how some other platforms support them. I think that's a big feature that's missing from you guys

Ryan114

Bodybuilder

Nemeseus

Please add this, being able to download mv would be a great feature its also that some songs are only available in a mv format namely some remixes/songs/acoustic.

AblissMusic

@AndreM - Spotify already does have live concerts. Also, whether or not an artist's concert is available on Spotify or not has nothing to do with the Spotify team. It all depends on whether or not the artist/the artist's label released it on Spotify

Nemeseus
I’m not looking for concerts, I mean actual music videos, certain artists
don’t make acoustic versions of the original unless they are in a music
video.
Wrythe

The option for Desktop app to stream music videos for music from our favorite Artists!

ElkHunt

Is this idea going to be implemented? I use Spotify exclusively for music...except for my video jukebox I  have for my basement bar...I have to use YouTube.