Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Music Videos

Idea: "[All Platforms] Music videos"

Artists record a video to go with their music / you could upload the music videos that already exist!
I really want to watch them on Spotify while listening.

At Apple Music I can choose between listening to the music, or watching their video. 

Updated on 2019-09-16

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments

Spotify has an ability to support video, however this is almost exclusively used for (relatively niche) podcasts. YouTube has an unqualified monopoly on music videos, and considering how many people despise that company and would move away from it if possible, the severe lack of videos for songs Spotify has is frustrating to say the least. My options are to basically run two music accounts, give up on videos (which I love) or go back to only using YouTube. I understand this may incur additional licencing fees etc but I can also guarantee it would be a major selling point. I know I'll jump ship for the first service that offers a decent video library, I'd just prefer it to be Spotify. Please note this isn't a request around regionality or specific content, but a feature/direction I'd love to see the service go in

jnr77

Will there be a feature to watch/view music video's of the song you are listening to.  A music video Button next to Lyrics button, so you can decide if yu would like to view/watch or just listen.

Spotify has an ability to support video, however this is almost exclusively used for (relatively niche) podcasts. YouTube has an unqualified monopoly on music videos, and considering how many people would move away from that company if possible, the severe lack of videos for songs Spotify has is frustrating to say the least. My options are to basically run two music accounts, give up on videos (which I love) or go back to only using YouTube. I understand this may incur additional licencing fees etc but I can also guarantee it would be a major selling point. I know I'll jump ship for the first service that offers a decent video library, I'd just prefer it to be Spotify. Please note this isn't a request around regionality or specific content, but a feature/direction I'd love to see the service go in.
Also this is the second time submitting this request, the last time it was, without consent or even informing me, changed from a post to a comment on a different request from 4 years ago with nearly 200 votes that requested the technical ability to deliver video content. The ability was added, the videos themselves were not. That behaviour doesn't quash the feeling that the community site is an excuse to pretend to hear customers, while ignoring their actual issues. I'd at least be interested to know if the reason this hasn't been implemented is because of exclusive licencing issues (in which case the argument YouTube's a monopoly becomes unassailable and is in spotify's best interests to point out) or because the company wants to save on streaming costs, which would mean S is harming user experience to save money in a way one of their major competitors doesn't

Also worth noting Spotify still advertises that you can "watch music videos" on the service (https://support.spotify.com/us/article/videos/) but there's no obvious way to search videos, (there's supposedly an option in "browse all" that I don't have) and if they even exist they're so rare that I've never seen anyone find one

Leandroavila645

I really would like Spotify to have music videos, I can't quite understand why they haven't added them since all the competition has them. It seems to me that it is the most important function that I could add and it would be ideal if you implement it similar to how Apple Music has it. By not having videos, part of the musical experience is lost, for example I could not see the video of All Too Well.

Farroyo

I am looking for the way to link the audio to the music video, for seeing it in Spotify

Fintozzo1925

I really like this idea, i want it!

Cenimm

Why is this still not a thing? Is the money the reason or just that you guys don't care about it?

Grezzago

I think we are all gonna die before this feature gets implemented. Astonishing delivery from the team 

jk02

For a more immersive ux, allow subscribers to display the relevant music video + option to overlay lyrics on the vid.  This takes a user from an audio-only session, to a complete music experience.

Enjoy!