Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Music Videos

Idea: "[All Platforms] Music videos"

Artists record a video to go with their music / you could upload the music videos that already exist!
I really want to watch them on Spotify while listening.

At Apple Music I can choose between listening to the music, or watching their video. 

Updated on 2019-09-16

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
Simöndli_Böndli

I think that idea is really good. Hope it will get processed.

Zogun

If/when this is implemented it would be really neat if you could have a checkbox "only show search results with video, yes/no" or a visible icon next to the results which indicates an available music video. This would help us create playlists for parties/events where you want music and video playing in the background.

brhiestand

Music videos are awesome and would make Spotify so so so so much better

hernandata

I really do love this idea, it could control de quality of the videos we see. 

BabaFigo

I dont want that, because it would destroy the Spotify feeling. If you want to watch videos go to Youtube and co. but dont change Spotify to an Source like Youtube please. -DISLIKE

Somehow I've seen one of Zara Larsson's music videos being shown on Spotify rather than her album cover once. Maybe it appears for some songs but not for others?

Phantis

That would be awesome if when you click the triple-dot it offered you an option to watch the video. Or it could be when you hold down on the song for X amount of seconds. Noice idea.

jjadoull

The ability to play Music Videos would be amawing for both artists and listeners... especially knowing that Spotify is available on a wide range of devices (e.g. game console).  Think about this: you invite friends home and decide to play a nice playlist in the background.  You activate the Music Videos and now have the clips displayed in the background as well.  This is amazing.

On top of this, if the lyrics could be added to the videos, it would become a killer feature that would gather music, videos and singing at the same time => true evolution of our hearing habits 🙂

Peeps, let's vote for this and make it a reality!

piqerass

Get better youtube music. Leave music as it is . Music !!!! 

Frank0cean

Help Spotify had a video with  trippie redd tory lanez they took it down and i can find it anywhere