Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Offer Subscription Option for Those Not Going Online Every 30 Days

This issue has been already posted several times, but no solution up to now.

Some people have the problem of not having an Internet connection for months. Or at least, not good enough.

This can happen to military, fishermen or humanitarian aid workers. Spotify disables the downloaded music in case the App in the device does not go "online" at least once every 30 days, no matter if you pay the subscription or not.

Therefore, one can be paying the Premium subscription to Spotify, but not having the downloaded songs available due to a lack of Internet connection (it occurs even when there is Internet connection, but not "good enough" for Spotify).

So, my request to Spotify is to find a different way to have the downloaded songs available even if the App cannot go online.

Thank you.

Updated on 2020-10-20

Hey everyone,
We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Blj2019

Hey all, I found a streaming service that doesn't delete your music while offline: Deezer! It's cheaper than Spotify, too. Have fun! 

KCW36
Yeah, it would be smart for Spotify to do the courteous thing for military members while we risk out live for our country. The least they could do is give us the music we pay for, BUT we can bring our business elsewhere. As another user posted, there is a better streaming site available to us that cares enough to not cut us off from the product we are paying for. Deezer was offered as a better streaming platform. I’m definitely going to switch to them when I go on deployment next. One platforms punching bag is another’s patron. We’ve asked Spotify enough times. They don’t care. I’m going else where, whether Deezer or not.
oregonriverchic

I recently found out that there is a requirement for downloaded music in the Spotify app. For paid accounts to remain active, each subscriber must sign in at minimum once every thirty (30) days or else the music they have downloaded will become unavailable. Most of us have wired, WiFi and mobile data plans readily available. People who go off-grid feel the affects of this rule much greater than most. Here’s an actual email I got from my buddy who is working on a ship:

Someone at Spotify should cut us military folk a break and allow our accounts to remain active even after not connecting to a network for 30 days. At least bump it up to 60 or 90. We no longer pull into ports, so going 150+ days without a break is becoming the new norm.
There is a need to extend the account deactivation trigger for some subscribers. Is this something you can get behind?
bpsbulldog

does this mean when we go on deployment we should just cancel our subscriptions until we get back? Because if so i will be saving a lot on premium while I am gone.

22rzcuvrjjpzb71

Yearly subscription could fix this. Very frustrating when I'm at sea. 

Fallleaves1354

I'm currently active duty navy, and am going to be on deployment for a good bit. Since I'll be on a ship for a while, meeting the 30 day requirement for the download is a bit rough, especially since soptify is my primary source for music. 

Maybe we can do ID verification or navy Email verification 

Thank you so much for your time, and have a wonderful day

Much love, and listen well ❤️ 

Fallleaves1354

I forgot to sign in, if you have any questions please reply here

Conman7033

Currently I am in the military and one problem I and many other people have is we don't often have connectivity to internet. We may be deployed for an extended period of time and we enjoy listening to Spotify. But however while we are out  after 30 days our Spotify cuts out and we have no means to listen to music or podcasts. I propose a requested form or submission for a 60- to 90 day extension of the Spotify time out period for those without capabilities to connect to internet.

naille

I will leave Spotify for another platform because of this

Sk3nfi3ld

What is the update on this?  I posed a similar question and was redirected here.  This was posted quite some time ago and the response was “this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.”  All this testimony from active duty military - for YEARS - and no response from Spotify?  What’s the latest on this issue?  Will there ever be resolution or will active duty voices remain unheard?