[All Platforms] Offline Devices: Warning before unsyncing a Device

(Title without character limit: "Warn users when they are downloading music on a 4th device so Spotify doesn't automatically delete music later")

Hiya!

I use Spotify heavily on my phone, and lightly on other devices. When I opened my phone today, Spotify told me something like "You can only download music on a max of 3 devices. Removing music from this device now."

That stunk! I'd very carefully chosen the music I'd saved offline on my phone, which is my primary Spotify device. I would have much preferred to delete the single album I had saved on my tablet, rather than the tons of playlists and albums on my phone!

I imagine it could be impossible or difficult to be able to open my phone and say "Wait, delete the music from my tablet instead." I wouldn't ask the devs to apply any remote changes to other devices like that.

I think the easiest to implement solution would be to users of this situation when they connect a 4th device. It will give them the opportunity to delete whatever they need to (such as my one album on my hardly-used tablet) instead of risking losing a large selection of music on their primary device, especially if they would have to re-download it over a limited data plan.

Updated on 2018-06-12

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-12

Marked as new idea.