[All Platforms] Option to quickly delete song from playlist?

The only way you can delete a song from your playlist, is that you first have to find your song on the list (maybe by filtering by name), then next to the name tap the 3 dots and there is the option. That or even a worse way, clicking edit on the playlist and then manually scrolling until you find your song and delete it.

Why? Please tell me why?

Can't you put the option on the 3 dots that appear on the song you are listening right now?

Also, on watchOS, there is a way to unlike songs, but no way to delete from playlist, which seems silly to me since this is a playlist centred music streaming service.

Believe it or not, I'm not using Spotify solely for this reason, it's really cumbersome to manage my library this way.

Updated on 2020-01-25

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Visitor

Great idea, please add this!

Casual Listener

To clarify, for anyone stopping by:

On the desktop version, I can click the album art and it takes me directly to the song within the playlist view and I can right click -> remove song. Very easy.

There doesn't seem to be an equivalent on the iPhone version. Tapping on the mobile version's artwork actually does nothing. Tapping the song name opens the album, but not the playlist, so that's a dead end. Tapping the playlist name at the top of the UI opens the playlist view, but the current song is not in focus--it could be hundreds of songs down the list.

Request: If the current song's three dot menu had a contextual "remove this song from [playlist name]" list item, that would be very helpful.

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-25

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Casual Listener

Agreed.

Should change the idea categorie to ALL PLATFORMS, am I right?