Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] 2-Factor Authentication

Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication.

Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current session.

This would prevent hackers from stealing accounts, which would additionaly lead to less account hacks and less work for Spotify employees to assist in these cases.

More info: https://twofactorauth.org

Updated on 2018-10-18

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. We’re ready to mark this idea as ‘Under Consideration’. 

We are currently investigating various solutions for account security for our users, e.g. 2-factor authentication. Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change.

If you'd like further information about protecting your account please visit our Support Site here.

Comments
dinomight
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Welcome to the community, and thanks for posting your idea. I also edited your "more info" link because it wasn't opening correctly.

Note: This is a re-post of this similar inactive idea.

MixMasterBRock

This is acutally a current feature! If you are using Facebook to sign in, and have two-factor enabled for Facebook, it carries over into Spotify

Facebook having two factor auth is a Facebook feature.

Spotify has it's own auth system, without it. Many people use it.

sashahilton00

Agreed, two factor is the next step in securing digital profiles on the internet. This should be implemented ASAP.

MartinB

Make it happen Yubikey support would be premium too!

ThomasVH

Any update to this suggestion would be great. Are there any reasons Spotify would not support 2-factor authentication?

Just wanted to add my voice to this request. Yubikey U2F support would be greatly appreciated as well.

daverussell2011

Yes, I wanted to add my feelings regarding 2 step authentification. Yubikey U2F woud be an additional bonus. If facebook and twitter can do so, then so can spotify.I dont sign in via facebook and would not want to just to get the extra protection. Any apps and Gramafon should be supported.

Google's autheticator would remove the need for spotify to develop from scratch and would be great to have. Got 2 step set up where I can, I think Microsoft even uses Google.

RedDown

2 step verifications is a must have for a service like Spotify.