Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] 2-Factor Authentication

Spotify should, as a matter of good practice and safety, implement 2-step authentication.

Previously, Spotify enabled the option to log out other sessions other than the current session.

This would prevent hackers from stealing accounts, which would additionaly lead to less account hacks and less work for Spotify employees to assist in these cases.

More info: https://twofactorauth.org

Updated on 2018-10-18

Hi everyone, thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange. We’re ready to mark this idea as ‘Under Consideration’. 

We are currently investigating various solutions for account security for our users, e.g. 2-factor authentication. Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change.

If you'd like further information about protecting your account please visit our Support Site here.

Comments
MalikP_EU

I wrote like month ago on their twitter. Depending what they answered me they are are satisfied with security they have and not going to implement 2FA or other MFA soon. They do not even consider it .. So just stop using this *** service and migrate self to another service provider .. google music, apple music or other provider.

GrowthOverProfit

Oh hi, thanks for checking in. Spotify still doesn't support 2FA.

Not like people have been requesting it for over half a decade or anything.

MalikP_EU

You can use this free service to migrate playlists from spotify to other service https://www.tunemymusic.com/

Do not waste time.

G_Loc

^^ This.  Drop Spotify.  They don't care about security since they make money from whoever is streaming, be it a legit account holder or someone using stolen credentials.

Wubwubwooble

Y'know, I was thinking about this thread today when I got an email because my Spotify got hacked, and I had to change my password twice. Thanks for the suggestion on the new service!

OMEGOSH01

You know, I'm starting to think the Security team at Spotify hasn't been**bleep**. The 2FA idea has been raised in 2015, it is already reaching the end of 2021 and we still don't have the feature. peepoShrug. And I don't get the idea of using Facebook as a 2FA carry over? It just seems like the DevSecOps, the Sec portion is missing in the development cycle

Kaka_Leviathan

Hope this get implemented soon 😄

MalikP_EU

@Kaka_Leviathan As i wrote ... no in next years

Wubwubwooble

My account just got hacked for a second time, this time by someone in Egypt, so yeah, no. I'm not using Spotify at all until they implement 2FA. Can I get everyone in here to jump on the bandwagon with me? They wont **bleep** unless people stop using their platform and giving them money. Use Youtube Music instead. 

Also @Kaka_Leviathan they've been "considering it" since 2018, so no. It wont be. Not unless the people actually do something about it. Spotify doesn't care about us, just their money.

howellq

2FA when? Hello? This thread is now 58 pages long, clearly it's a highly requested feature.