Announcements

[All Platforms][Other] Add 'English' as Email Language Options for All Countries

I'm following up to the discussion in the community page below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Email-notification-language/td-p/500612

Issue:

Email notification/communication currently follows the official language of the country of residence (default, unchangeable). However, not all of Spotify customers use the official language of the country where they reside. 

Recommendation:

Add 'English' to Email notification/communication language options for all countries. Since 'English' is a widely-used international/official language.

Updated on 2019-12-05

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Casual Listener

Help me get 100 votes so this message will get escalated to the responsible team within Spotify. Thanks!

Visitor

If I could give this 99 votes I totally would. Try as I might, could not get past "Spanish is the official language for your country". No, it is not. Estonian is the official language, English is the second best option and Spanish is somewhere between German and Xhosa. So I keep getting e-mails like "¡Oh, no! No pasó tu pago." and "El oso violó tu pollo. Lo siento por eso." And these end up in spam folder, obviously.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-12-05

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.