Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] More options for Sleep Timer control

Spotify has the option of putting on a sleep timer while listening to podcasts. I love this feature and use it often. The time increments go from five minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes to an hour. It would be nice to also have a customizable timer, much like audible does for their audiobooks. The 15 minute increments are a little long and it would be nice to sometimes put on a timer for 25 minutes or 30 minutes, etc. You could also put the option 'until the end of the playlist' or 'until the end of the queue'.

Updated on 2022-02-02

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
GNicho

Upvoting this feature to set 25 minute timer. Especially helpful when working with a Pomodoro technique.

Monichuu

Sad to see Spotify doesn't prioritizes this. Sleep timers in all other apps are way longer than 1 hour. Hope someday sleeptimers of 1+ hours will be a thing 😞

Hannegd

This should definitively be implemented!

NightmindOfficial

There are many opportunities that could be developed here! For example an option like "play X more episodes", or "until the next alarm goes off"

Chrizzzly

I would love this. Also add the option "till end of queue"

Gerryoz

Changing the timer has been requested over and over and it should have happened years ago. It gets so many thumbs up and then it goes to Good idea guys but not enough requests required! It's a very simple change in the app that the developers could do very easily. I just hope this time they actually listen to us and change the timer.

Gerryoz

The status Update from 02/02/22 still says Good Suggestion but after 180+ up votes it should have moved to "Live Idea".

We do realistically need 500+ Up Votes for Spotify to actually look at doing it sooner rather than later. Even though this request has been asked over and over during the years with regularly getting over 180+ up votes but then getting closed due to inactivity so please Spotify can you please change this request and move it into "consideration/development".

Suquita03

Make an option with the sleep timer that it will turn off when you reach the end of the songs you have added to queue

ThornoHammer

I personally agree with most people on here that one hour is too short.

What I currently do at the moment is use scheduled power on/ off on my phone.

I simply don't use sleep timer and just tells my phone to go to sleep at 5am or something and restart just before my alarm goes off.

Might work for some people. But yes a custom sleep timer would be great.

legendozixtynin

bruh i just want an end of queue timer or like some other apps i used which are great- TURN OFF AFTER NO. of songs like 10. I FR JUST want it to end when the song damn finishes helps as fun timer whilst im doing chores or something uh*