Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Do not make ads with car horns in them.

Seriously, this is a safety issue. 

I cannot tell you the times when I've been running on the sidewalk in town, or driving through an intersection and that ad plays. All of a sudden I think someone is honking at me, as if they are about to hit me, or I did something wrong, went through the intersection at the wrong time or someone got cut off, or I'm about to get hit by a car as I run through a  crosswalk. I take my foot off the gass pedal and almost slam down on my brake. I have to look around to make sure nothing is going to hit me, then I realize its the Spotify Premium Ad. 

Honesly, I equate it to yelling "Fire!" in a movie theater. 

Replace it with a different ad, I'm not saying play them less frequently for free users, I get it, we're borrowing a service that you should pay for, so by all means play an ad here and there. Just not one that jars you because you think something dangerous is happening around you. 

Change it to a boring boss talking in a meeting, then to a traffic noise (no car horns) or something like that. I just don't like an ad that freaks me out like a car accident is about to occur. 

Updated on 2017-10-24

Thanks to everyone that voted on this idea, I can confirm that we are not serving ads that contain car horn sounds.  We were previously, however they've since been paused. Our teams are working hard to ensure they are not a part of new audio assets moving forward. 

Your feedback here makes a direct difference at Spotify. Thanks again!

Comments
Snowbunny
I'm happy to listen to all spotify's adds over and over, but this one needs to stop! I get freaked out every time and slam on my breaks, followed by a brisk mute. I never even hear the add past the aweful horn sounds. I know subscribing would illuminate this issue, but it just makes me spiteful and stubborn, and leads me to not subscribe.
ecuddy

This regularly terrifies me when driving. I can only imagine how irksome and frightening it would be while running or walking with earbuds in. 

I have written support several times on this issue, and they have informed me that they will be reporting to the right people within the company. I have asked for confirmation on that report, from those "right people" just to be sure it gets there, because I absolutely agree thath this ad is, just as you said, like yelling "fire."

So disrespectful and incredibly irresponsible.

Pprosnitz

Agreed. This ad has caused me to panic while driving every time it comes on. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got into an accident because of it! So not well thought out. 

ecuddy
It played twice for me today. I an not impressed. Spotify, you could cause
serious accidents with this add. Remove it now before more formal
complaints are made, which I have no doubt will inevitably happen.
Carlik

This as went away for awhile but is now back. Please remove, it is incredibly unsafe for drivers listening to music with your app. Thank you.

Deckard69

Also no sirens, please.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-10-24

Thanks to everyone that voted on this idea, I can confirm that we are not serving ads that contain car horn sounds.  We were previously, however they've since been paused. Our teams are working hard to ensure they are not a part of new audio assets moving forward. 

Your feedback here makes a direct difference at Spotify. Thanks again!

laurenob

I see that Spotify responded saying that they changed this... but apparently they must have recently "unpaused" these ads because I still get them all the time. To say I find them distracting while I am driving is an understatement. THESE ADS TERRIFY ME. Every time I get one of these I have a miniature heart attack thinking there is an accident or that someone is about to hit me, until I realize it was just one of these horrible ads. Please change this, Spotify. (And never bring it back.)

jaytag657

I'm still getting those car horn ads too, the ones that spotify made themselves. I was driving in my car with my girlfriend and all of a sudden, horns were blaring in my car. I immediately stomp on my brakes; luckily no one was behind me. I love spotify btw, just that ad kept me from listening to it for a week. The happened yesterday, mind you, 4/3/18

Melody

Hey folks,

If this happens again, we'd recommend starting a new post here in the Community, so that we can take a look.

Rest assured we'll check out the feedback, and pass it on.

Thanks!