[All Platforms][Other] Opt out of religious music

Just like there is a filter for explicit lyrics and content, there should be a filter for religious lyrics and content.  

Religious music often comes up in children's radio.  For some reason Spotify thinks that the same people who like Sharon, Lois, and Bram are also religious, and thus, after we ask Spotify to play "One Elephant," a couple of songs later, we hear a song about God, or more specifically the Christian God.  

My family is atheist, and hearing unsolicited, prosthelytizing, religious music is just as offensive to my family has hearing music with an "f" word might be to another family.   

I know this may not be a concern to the majority of Americans who are Christian, but I sure hope that others will promote this idea out of respect for our differences.

Updated on 2020-03-31

Marked as a New Idea!

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-03-31

Marked as a New Idea!

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Casual Listener

It's a good idea. Unfortunately Spotify ignores these ideas categorically. Every idea that has something to do with a blacklist is removed.

I've created my own app with the API and this checks every 8 seconds if there is a played from my blacklist and skips it automatically. Playlists are copied automatically to a temp one without the songs from the blacklist.

This is the only way to keep it clean.

Visitor

+1 and it's not just atheists. Jewish/Muslim/Others might not want music about Jesus coming up on their kid's streams.