Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Separate Queues for Podcasts and Music

Hi there,

Would like to propose this again as it looks like related tickets were closed and not addressed.

Just want to share a concrete example on why this would be helpful... Throughout the day I'm listening to either music (while working) OR podcasts (while commuting). If I'm commuting to work, I'd like to queue up podcasts to listen to while commuting. This includes coming back to the same podcast queue when I'm commuting home from work (ie. same queue in the morning and evening). The problem is, I listen to music during the day while I'm working. So I need to clear my podcast queue and then queue everything up again after work. 

I think fixing this would increase user engagement on your apps. For example, having my podcasts on Apple podcasts is just more convenient now because I don't need to deal with this daily inconvenience. Every week, that's multiple hours of engagement per user (for a subset of podcast listeners) that you could be gaining back.

I'm a huge fan of Spotify, so I'd love to be able to seamlessly use your app over Apple Podcasts for this use case. Thanks 

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
pingeyeg

It's really frustrating when you just want to hear your music and then the next item that comes on is a podcast.  From that point, in order to continue listening to your music you have to remove all the podcasts you added from the queue and then continue.  If you want to listen to podcasts again, you have to re-add the ones you wanted back to the queue.  Again, VERY FRUSTRATING!  I would love to use Spotify for both, but for now I will continue using a separate app for my podcasts.

nicolas1081

That said and while the bar is relatively low, Spotify is the best podcast client out there. Please keep up the great work! Queue access from iOS Spotify definitely needs some help, and a separate queue for podcasts is needed for the reasons listed above.

Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-07-19

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Lasphy

Great idea, hope it gets more votes! 

c_rzpv-qcwwm

This is a must have!  I see that you guys are upping your Podcast game and that you now allow the feature of making playlists with podcasts, which was a previous gripe.

However, this above reason is the only thing holding you back from being the best podcast player!!

Use cases for music and podcast or different!  and the queues should be too!

I would venture to say that 90% of the people that use queues for podcasts are frustrated by this

no one makes a queue where they want both!  so that number is probably closer to 99%.  Don't even offer queue for podcasts if it's not separate.  it only serves to frustrate.

mack_36

I listen to Music and Podcasts quite regularly. I don't like that I lose my position in my playlist when I switch to a podcast. If I'm listening to an album or a playlist and stop midway, I'd like to have my previously position in the album or playlist saved separately from Podcasts.

When you pause a podcast and go listen to music, it saves where you were for later, I would like this to apply to music too. 

Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-02-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

joaoreynolds

I don't even use Spotify for podcasts because of this one issue. It seems like it could be such a simple update - make a separate queue for podcasts. I can't even add podcast episodes to a playlist (but even then it's not ideal because the episode would stay forever even after I listen).

c_rzpv-qcwwm
Yes! We all love spotify for its user experience! It would be great to use that experience for podcasts also but it’s not possible right now!
Luan
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2020-06-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.