[All Platforms][Other] Share a 'SPOTY' (aka Spotify 15 sec sample audio clip) to linked social media

Wouldn't it be great to be able to share those awesome moments of intense musical pleasure with your freinds, loved ones and even the world..... The moments when the bass beats drop, or the melody kicks in, even the times when the power riffs are strummed on a Heavy Metal guitar by your favourite band. It could even be the moment when the lead singer sings your favourite hook of the main chorus. You get my drift. Sometimes that feeling you get when you hear something so powerful is indescribable yet it's so real and so present, that you just wish you could share it with someone. Sometimes it's just not enough to experience it on your own when you know so many others would love and appreciate it too. I know Spotify has restrictions on sharing of songs and distribution of music etc and I'm not saying music should be freely shared by the whole world, in no way should that be the case. What I am saying is that lets look at it like this....... Why can't there be a sharing to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Messenger and all other social media platforms etc etc option where it strictly only allows the selection of either a 15 or 20 sec portion of a song to be highlighted ONLY and shared via linked social media multiple selected accounts or single whatever is the preference. Along with the small audio sample can be the album artwork, artist name, or album, playlist if it's from one and a link to Spotify to hear more of the track or sign up to Premium if desired and they like the song and the format they hear it in. The sample is strictly for listening and cannot be downloaded, and respect for artist rights and record labels must be of highest regards. That's why I think if this idea is done right it will work well because not only will it protect the artists work but it will promote past, present and future releases as people experience them and post a 'SPOTY'. It will give the artists even more exposure and drive even more traffic to their full songs and works on Spotify meaning they get more streams, meaning Spotify is happy and the artist is happy also, and most of all the consumer is happiest because they will have the chance to hear samples of music they may not have heard if not for a 'SPOTY' shared from Spotify to Facebook or Instagram for example. @DJ-MastaJ thinks this is a great way to embrace music and share the best moments we love of it with others! It's a great way to show support for our favourite music and artists and really get behind them by showing others what our favourite artists music sounds like in a brief audio sample, and where to go to find it. That is to Spotify of course :)

Updated on 2019-07-29

Hello and thanks for clarifying. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Jemi
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-07-18

Hey @DJ-MastaJ

There are already ways of sharing music to social media, but just to be clear, do you mean that a user should be able to choose which part of a track to share? Thanks!

DJ-MastaJ
Composer

@Jemi Hi how are you? Hope your well. Yes of course I think you should be able to choose which part to share. It can be as simple as a box that only stretches as little as 0.1 sec and as wide as say 15 or 20 sec. So it can be pinched closed or made to hoover over the desired area easily but never over the amount of time it's allowed to which is a 15 or 20 sec 'Spoty'. That way we can all share those exact inspiring moments of a song direct from the proper streaming service instead of from muffled recordings of background audio captures or a general share of a song link only that possibly never gets opened because it's not the exact good bit of the song and it's just a link to the song, then you have to find the good bit yourself. @DJ-MastaJ  thinks the 'Spoty' might work. :speaker_high_volume:🤟:raising_hands::ok_hand:

Jemi
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-29

Hello and thanks for clarifying. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here