Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio

Hello Friends,

i am using Spotify Premium since years. At the Moment i am missing some features like HD Streaming or Sony's new 360 Reality Audio.

Especially Reality Audio is truly a real gain and even more useful than HD Streaming. The 3D sound is literally phenomenal good and also Sportify should gradually deal with newer technologies.

Is this topic already planned? If it does not come, please tell it so your users can make a decision.

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
giugliano

I am a Spotify user since years and quite surprised that services as Dezeer or others can support Sony 360 Reality Sound against Spotify. Listening music in combination with high fidelity technology as Sony is able to supply and over noises cancelling headphones IST a must for quality streaming services. So dear Spotify team, increase or improve  the quality (and not only the quantity) of your offered services at least for premium users!!! Thank you for quick action in advance!

Marq68

360 sound by Sony is a game changer and I love it. Your competitors have it already. I will hate to leave you just because... What is the reason you don't support this format????

fung0619

I would love this very very much, but deep down i know they will never make it happen which is very very sad

denisnc

I would prefer to have spotify implementing high fidelity and 360, but during the last months I tried the other streaming services and it was a good opportunity to test new options, it did not disappoint me at all. It will not be that bad as I though to change the provider, they not only have better sound quality, but other interesting features.

John555

I hope Spotify soon comes also with 360 Reality sound.

If smaller music services can do it, for sure Spotify can do it too.

herrzemlin

I just subscribed to TIDAL for this. I will pay both services for a while  but  some day I must make a decision.. 😕

Is there a playlist export import tool better than Soundiiz anyone could suggest?

alejandrog_88

Pretty disappointed they're not looking to integrate. I'd happily pay a bit extra a month for the feature if that's what you greedy piggy's want! 😛 

JoeAll1990

Great! I used a discount code that I've found at https://www.vouchers4u.com/

CaptainBass

I am a regular user of Spotify and recommend it to friends, however it needs to keep up with technology and add 360 sound format or it will lose subscribers. 

Shonuf023

Would love to see 360 Audio supported in Sony s headphone connect app. It has Tidal , and some other smaller vendor. Sony makes some of the best noise canceling headphones both over ear and ear buds.  As many of your users are using very high quality headphones , would love to see 360 audio supported.

2nd Idea could we see More Dolby Atmos Support for all Tracks?