Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio

Hello Friends,

i am using Spotify Premium since years. At the Moment i am missing some features like HD Streaming or Sony's new 360 Reality Audio.

Especially Reality Audio is truly a real gain and even more useful than HD Streaming. The 3D sound is literally phenomenal good and also Sportify should gradually deal with newer technologies.

Is this topic already planned? If it does not come, please tell it so your users can make a decision.

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
grisounours

Up for this awesome feature. A 400€ headset vs 10€ per month, the choice could be easy, don't wanna be a deezer customer, but they have a 360 audio app.  

RyanMcintosh

While Sony makes quality products; I would never partner with them or be their customer ever again. They treat their customers and partners poorly. This has been my experience over the span of 3 decades on a number of occasions.

Marq68
I bought my first Walkman... Sports... 1984. Since then all I had/have is
Sony. Never had any major issue but when I had o problem with a TV, got a
new one delivered and installed
Nuke_off

I myself dont care for artificial sound enhacements like 360° audio because its almost always inferior to a clean stereo implementation.

But I would like to see bitperfect (WASAPI,ASIO) output and/or even lossless files, but the latter is really optional because spotifys OGG format is quite fine already.

Glitterbitsch

2592 votes by now. Maybe worth reconsidering 🙂

GuAlexItar

Spotify has been pretending they're working on a better experience, but this is something that we have wanted for a while!  Especially lossless audio.  There comes a point where the product they're offering just will die or they will adapt to the times.

Audioplayer

360 audio is an unnecessary gimmick. Sounded bad on Tidal too. Please Spotify don’t bother with/fall for it. Spend your money on giving your users true full Flac CD quality and higher resolution audio like Qobuz offers instead and make sure to implement bit-perfect when you do like Qobuz and Tidal have understood why and unlike the idiots at Amazon HD. At least Deezer HiFi might be working on making that change but they should of been smart enough to implement it from the start. Don’t screw it up Spotify!

Been using Tidal Hi-Fi & Spotify for months now. However,  Spotify Music algorithm kills the rest. Adding Sony 360 reality audio would be a great move as it is a different kind of experience, if you really love music. 

NickAa

Can't wait for this feature! Spotify should be among the top HiFi apps out there and needs to have this partnership feature with Sony and other progressive headphonescompanies.  

stoneyrocks

so guys anything happening with the 360 audio?