Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio

Hello Friends,

i am using Spotify Premium since years. At the Moment i am missing some features like HD Streaming or Sony's new 360 Reality Audio.

Especially Reality Audio is truly a real gain and even more useful than HD Streaming. The 3D sound is literally phenomenal good and also Sportify should gradually deal with newer technologies.

Is this topic already planned? If it does not come, please tell it so your users can make a decision.

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Skoti

I've checked out 360 reality audio on Tidal. This is incredible! It really is a huge difference! It is a must have for Spotify to still be competing in the future. 

Large

Spotify just lost three paying customers to Tidal for missing out 360 audio support.

Gladly pay 199 nok for Master-quality (lossless) and 360 support...

Ryrynz

3000 votes on a forum almost nobody uses but hey "not right now"
Durr

Dabest542

I agree! I love spotify and have been using wireless Spotify Earbuds and I'd love to have the immersive audio vibe! 

rapsakkaspar

Would love this!

BarryBKK

After more than 8 years as a Premium subscriber, I'm moving to Tidal so I can experience Sony's new 360 Reality Audio. Samsung also supports this technology. 360 reality audio is amazing audio technology. Spotify is falling behind its competitors at a rapid pace when it comes to rolling out the latest streaming technology.

Abdep

Premium subscriber since December 2012 no longer, tired of supporting a dinosaur RIP.

Companies like this only listen if you vote with your wallet; a single user is but a drop in the bucket, so let this serve as notice. I encourage others to do the same

shihuandgi

yes please! that would be totally radical!

Sanguinarius

If Spotify do 360 as option/add on/part of their family plan they will steal a lot of customers from Deezer and the other existing 360 streaming sites as their customers are complaining that they can't add it to their family accounts.  Although if Deezer or Tidal get there first with a family account option 360, I will be forced to change, and I am sure I will not be the only one.  The demos of 360 are quite remarkable, and I will be trying the Sony offer of a free trial of the system probably with Deezer.

Anitaholiday67

3400 votes No update!!!!