Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio

Hello Friends,

i am using Spotify Premium since years. At the Moment i am missing some features like HD Streaming or Sony's new 360 Reality Audio.

Especially Reality Audio is truly a real gain and even more useful than HD Streaming. The 3D sound is literally phenomenal good and also Sportify should gradually deal with newer technologies.

Is this topic already planned? If it does not come, please tell it so your users can make a decision.

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Vasek

Hi. I am voting for this, because it can be merged with lossless streaming, but.. tried the Deezer 360 app with Sony Headphones dedicated to the new format and the result was terrible. Voices sounds very artificial, un-natural and i can't stand it. But if 360 Reality Audio means bringing lossless streaming to the house, i am in, for sure 🙂 

SawBro

If I were Spotify I'd go ahead and start cracking on it right away. It's probably a very complex thing to implement, but defo a tech worth the effort, as it is, how a few people put, a game changer that no music streaming will want to miss out. And the sooner they adapt, the more they cash in. I believe this got a count down to be mainstream...

darrenattridge

How many votes does this need?

I've been a premium family user for years

Seriously thinking of going to deezer....

The 360 audio reality is amazing

Dan1492

I'm new to Spotify Premiun  and I have the WH-1000XM3 headset. Definitely I need this 360 feature. I tried on the Sony app and it's astonishing. If Spotify does not bring it soon I'll go to Deezer for sure. 

adalbertpim

When will Spotify make Sony 360 reality audio available to its customers?

Pj5

I am a true Spotify fan, no doubt. I think this would be great added value to the service. And some competitors already provides it...

Tikoloshe

How many votes are required? 360 audio please.

einnocent

Tidal has this. Seems like Spotify should have this to compete in the audiophile space.

TNav

First of all, we need lossless audio streaming on spotify to have this possibility. That's why Tidal and Deezer already have support for 360 reality.

SirVamp

Yes please, Spotify, do this!