Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Time to feature Dolby Atmos

I can do that very briefly. Don't let Tidal overtake you. Tidal now supports Dolby Atmos. I am a musician and work as a sound engineer. Atmos and similar formats are now gaining more and more interest. That is why Tidal now has a corresponding offer. I can only recommend Spotify to do so, otherwise you will lose users to the competition.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Equalizer1969
Yeah I totally agree,happy new year
Sebastianmaier

Hello

I have an idea: Spotify could use the object-based method to make the 3D sound more effective 🙂 what do you think?

mfg Sebastian Maier 😉

ryanstroeder

Yes, please add Dolby Atmos.  We have an appletV with Spotify app and a Dolby Atmos home theatre.  Get on it!

tdreed1265

Please add 3D/Atmos support.  I move from Amazon to Spotify, but now trying Tidal for the Atmos support (and HD).  Impressed by Atmos and will be considering moving to Tidal (or back to Amazon).  I would rather not as I like Spotify.

Beppe1

Waiting for dolby atmos 

jugganutz

I'd also like to see dts audio if possible. I have many dts audio disc's that I will never see on Spotify because of this. 

ryanstroeder

Can we at least get an update from Spotify on whether they are working to incorporate this?

ant1

Amazon, Tidal and now Apple support Dolby Atmos (along with a lossless offer)!

Spotify announced Spotify HiFi. Let's hope it will also support Atmos.

And without any price increase (follow my gaze 👀)

I really love the Spotify Connect feature that allows me to stream on my Yamaha AV Receiver. I wish I could take full benefits from my 192KHz/24bits 7.1 Atmos setup!

My Android smartphone also supports Dolby Atmos... But not sure a Spatial Audio-like feature can easily be developed on Android as it requires dedicated gyroscope/Accelerometer inside the headphones.

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes in 6 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Christophercool

Yeah, lets get that Atmos