Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Time to feature Dolby Atmos

I can do that very briefly. Don't let Tidal overtake you. Tidal now supports Dolby Atmos. I am a musician and work as a sound engineer. Atmos and similar formats are now gaining more and more interest. That is why Tidal now has a corresponding offer. I can only recommend Spotify to do so, otherwise you will lose users to the competition.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
dennisje182

There is a Dolby Atmos playlist which seems to sound much more immersive.....or is that placebo (didnt use airpods pro/max, I used a WH-1000XM3):

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2KFRL1QcwsP4E0tLCjCrCk?si=cc401f2d0a234116

Jelmerouwerkerk

+1

Abhijeettoor

Plz add Dolby Atmos. I need this in my life.

_neo

Any update about dolby atmos on iOS apps? 

dimitrimckay

I’m currently a paid customer of Amazon music, (because different tracks can be used through the house), paid Spotify (for my personal music) and just purchased some AirPod pros so I’m test driving Apple Music. I have to say, Spotify sounds pretty flat in comparison. I don’t need 3 music services, so I hope you all step up. 

MrFunnyPenguin

Spotify should bring this feature in now. Spotify's biggest competitor (Apple Music) got it back in June. 

noahmw

Trialing Apple Music right now and the Dolby Atmos tracks are literally a new way to hear music. Next level. I know people always threaten to switch to Apple Music if Spotify doesn't implement things, but this is for real - I think once people listen to Dolby Atmos and Spotify doesn't support it, they'll switch. I know I will.

ALPH4ANGEL

Yes can you please make dolby atmos available to spotify for both android and ios? That would be Primo!!👊🏼

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

_neo

When you try dolby atmos on Apple Music… you have to request that feature to Spotify !!!!!!!!!

ok Spotify?