Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
WooLand

Almost a year has gone, how is it going with this suggestion? It is quite annoying that your Discover Weekly is ruined and you cannot reset it. In my case the playlist if packed with music in Finnish, Danish and Norwegian music...I'm from Sweden FFS and are not listening to native language music from these countries. So, what is the status?

connorsan

This is marked as solved with this being brought to light with the Dev team, however, no action has been made for almost a year now.  If there's guidance as to what the Discover Weekly algorithm looks for, I'm happy to take the actions needed to influence the Discover Weekly decision.  Thanks!

rodael

Well it's almost been a year since they said "not right now". Doubt it will happen at all - looking into Apple Music at the moment, since the curated playlists seem far superior.

emlouise2213

My weekly discovery has gotten to the point where I don't even listen to it anymore, because it go stuck on a style of music that only listen to while I am sleeping. I would really appreciate a reset option, as I have had this account for over two years and do not want to lose all the playlists I have made this far. 

My weekly discovery used to be one of my favorite things about Spotify's service, and I would often tell other about it when I was trying to convince someone to download the app. Now I don't have as many positive things to tell others about Spotify. 

Is it really that difficult to add this option to the algorythm you are using? Please reconsider adding a reset option. 

grechill

Wow...seems like progress is here!

*clap clap*

kladda

Was that said with irony or please tell us more grechill.

This week my discover weekly chose to include 5 min 20 sec of rain sound.

It's december, not like i need the rain both outside and on my playlist 😛

grechill

With a little bit of sarcasm, as took Spotify 1 year to fix this mayor mistake.

Today I've noticed "Like" and "Dislike" buttons in my Discover Weekly playlist, which let exclude songs you dont like. Yet Im not sure how will it work in the end. Lets see...

darian305

Hello,

please think about an option for the customer support to reset the weekly list.

I was hacked back a few days, together with your FAQ and the support i was able to get back the control over my account. Sadly there are over 600! new songs in my "Song" Playlist/ Bib.

Even after deleting them from your support and weeks later my weekly playlist is still full of 100% french gangster rap music which i've never listened too.

So after weeks of hearing my own music again and an abuse lasting only a couple of days my account is still flooded with this and i can't use this really cool feature i regularly listened to.

I have now exportet all songs in my bib to a new playlist and deleted the "Songs" several times added them again and again and played every song shortly.

I really really hope to be able to listen to MY sounds again on next monday.

PLEASE Spotfiy implement that feature and step back from marketing tactics and such things.

Sometimes it is better to have happy users who talk about your product in good words than more of that marketing analytic money. I think your coders over there are that brilliant to separate the algorithm of the weekly playlist so we or the support can reset it in the future.

I have trust in you, thank you!

gvivster

I just got a Family Plan because my husband’s use of my account completely messed up my weekly music recommendations. Are you saying I can’t reset mine now that our taste profiles are finally separate? Discovering new music I liked every week used to be one of my favorite parts of Spotify, and now I’m very frustrated that I seem to have no power to fix it, even though the ONLY reason we’re now paying extra each month is THIS EXACT ISSUE.

Please give me the functionality I’m paying for.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-01-05

Hi everyone, we're back for an update now that this idea has reached 1,000 users.  At this time we still don't have plans to let users reset their taste profile histories. You are welcome to create a new account with a new email address at any time (no need to contact customer support). However, this isn't recommended as you're truly starting from zero and it takes some time for us to learn your taste profile.

We're also working on better ways that you can give us direct feedback on features such as Discover Weekly so we can learn more about your tastes. 

This idea is still open for votes and comments and we'll revisit this if it continues to grow. Thanks!