Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Parental Controls

I love this service. My wife and I are both premium subscribers. I really hate being tied down to an archaic service like iTunes, but for my kids, I really have no choice. I would happily pay for more premium subscriptions for my kids to have their own Spotify accounts if there was a way I could make sure explicit songs are blocked. I dont care if this is a free feature, I am happy to pay for it. Until it exists or my kids get a lot older, its money you are leaving on the table Spotify. I have to think I am not the only parent who would be happy to pay for this. Seems easy enough to implement, so why not make it another reason to go premium?

Updated on 2020-09-14

Hey there folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're happy to announce that this should be now implemented.  For more info, take a look here.

Keep in mind that you can always share a new idea if there's any specific feature you're missing.

Thanks, and happy listening!

Comments
RyanW77

So you've got Dev resource to build a "stranger things" mode, but not an explicit filter?? #priorities

happy_person

One year later and nothing 

stlucia99

Just found the “after dark” podcasts by accident on Spotify. These should not be on Spotify with no parental filters! Completely inappropriate content for a family service. I’m concerned my kids may already have accessed this content - have no way of knowing whether they have or not and no way of blocking it. Really disappointed! 

bjcurry11

It has been a year since the last post on this. Any updates on adding parental controls to Spotify. I have a Premium family account.

happy_person
When I put the bday make sure to put 12 or 13 forgot the age but it will
filter out a lot of inappropriate music.
Jong3r

My kids love music and we have a Premium for Families subscription, but I don't want to introduce them to Spotify because of all the explicit content they could get into.

Here's a petition to help this along!

https://www.change.org/p/spotify-spotify-parental-controls-help-parents-protect-minors

Please share!

Let's make Spotify better!

ty2lee

I have the family plan and my children have their own log in, now I found out the other day that I can not block explicit songs from their use! With all the technology today, if you can’t find away to fix this issue then you will loose a lot of customer! I have been a customer for 4 years and have 4 children, which means you have gotten a ton f money from me. This issue needs to get resolved.

Travismg79

Spotify **bleep** is the problem here?  When can we get the ability to filter content for our kids?

devilsdale

They think its such a good idea that 12 months later Spotify has done absoluetly nothing about it! Unbelieveable, maybe we need to take this to an MP and get some proper pressure put on the organisation.

Jong3r

If you haven't signed this, please sign and SHARE!

Change.org Petition for Spotify to Add Parental Controls

https://www.change.org/p/spotify-parental-controls-help-protect-children-from-explicit-content