Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Parental Controls

I love this service. My wife and I are both premium subscribers. I really hate being tied down to an archaic service like iTunes, but for my kids, I really have no choice. I would happily pay for more premium subscriptions for my kids to have their own Spotify accounts if there was a way I could make sure explicit songs are blocked. I dont care if this is a free feature, I am happy to pay for it. Until it exists or my kids get a lot older, its money you are leaving on the table Spotify. I have to think I am not the only parent who would be happy to pay for this. Seems easy enough to implement, so why not make it another reason to go premium?

Updated on 2020-09-14

Hey there folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're happy to announce that this should be now implemented.  For more info, take a look here.

Keep in mind that you can always share a new idea if there's any specific feature you're missing.

Thanks, and happy listening!

Comments
ty2lee
I completely agree!! Let’s just let parents have no control of what our children listen too!! I want my children to express their individuality, but not at the cost of listening to explicit music!! Spotify makes it really hard....how difficult is it to create controls for the sub accounts??
abonamico
senor_pete

So, I switched to Apple Music. If i am alone, I listen to what I want. When the Kids are around, I go to Settings - General - Restrictions and switch Allowed Content to Explicit OFF, and bam, I am still listining to 'my' music, but know they wont be rained on with all the cursing (which personally, i really dont mind - its just not for kids...)

IMG_7422.PNG

Sheleliz85

Why is there still no parental control on Spotify? I've just come across a whole load of **bleep** pod casts on the browse feature, I didn't even realise this was a thing but I can't block it?! 

Forthekids

Was looking into a family subscription, but cannot do it without parental controls.  Seems like this has been requested by see spotify users for years, but never implememted, that's a shame

Myr1styl

I can't wait around for Spotify to act. It is not censorship when it is my decision what is heard in my own home.

What other music service allows customers to block by genre as well as explicit content?

Giggletillucry

So after 2 years, 1700+ votes just isn't enough.  I will be looking to find a music company that cares about ALL their customers.  This is an easy fix.  What are you waiting on?

richard_holben

Does not look like you are lsitening to your customers much does it!!! 

kellyhammond1

Please add parental controls.  They are needed to restrict explicit content for children and teens.

PW123

This idea you direct people to support is 9 days short of 5 years old!

This is a huge gap.  Start small.  Just give us something basic (block explicit) then build from there.  We know this functionality will miss a lot but it is better than nothing.  You keep making us think of moving to other services that have parental controls like Pandora Radio, Apple Music, iHeartRadio, 

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/which-music-streaming-service-is-best-for-kids

Tick-tock!