[All Platforms][Partnership] Virtual DJ connect to Spotify

Spotify is a great tool for "standard" music listening, no doubt about that, but when you want to go a bit further, like using it in a party or review/analyze a song, it becomes too simple, insufficient, I'd say.

The main weakness is that you cannot "pre-listen" a song before adding it to the queue. And here is where Virtual DJ comes in action. VDJ is a professional DJ app, but it has also a free version for personal usage. Besides being able to "pre-listen" songs, you can set the starting/end points of a song, equalize player, change speed, and many other DJ features.

Other streaming music service allows VDJ to connect to it and I know people (like me) that have moved from Spotify to that one only because of this reason.

I'm not a professional DJ, but I use Virtual DJ for private parties and, as musician, it's also very helpful to learn or analyze songs, as you can repeat parts of a song, set cues, change speed, ....

Allowing Premium subscribers to use Spotify in other players would expand the Spotify possibilities. The sad part is that Spotify allowed VDJ to connect to it during some time last year, then it was removed.

I invite you to experiment with Virtual DJ (https://virtualdj.com/)
Thank you for your time and consideration.

2018-05-20 08_58_05-Window.png

Updated on 2018-05-24

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-05-24

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

mikytas

hi there,

I have virtual dj but i dont see anywhere the spotify option. 

how do i add it please? I can only see the deezer option...

trebla777

VDJ is pretty popular, some kind of integration with Spotify could benefit both platforms and, of course, their users.