Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Party Mode: Only Queue, Password, etc.

How about a function that when turned on, only allows the queing of music (i.e instead of dubblevclicking to play the next song, it will just be que'd)? This would be great if u have a party and don't peolple changing midtrack all the time. 

Edit:

[Wow! Great to see that my idea has gained support, seems like I wasn't the only one that thought that this would be a great idea. As requested; I'll edit my post to better explain the idea]

Spotify Partymode

# Main Goal #
The main purpose of this feature is to be able to set Spotify in a partymode preventing people
from randomly changing tracks in the middle of a song.
Partymode will be easy to customize with several options making it suitable for all types of parties.
This feature will only be accessible with Spotify Premium.

Partymode will also decrease the number of fist fights dramaticly and therefore lead to a much better party-experience.

# Options #

* Enable/Disable partymode. (If partymode is enabled when logging out, it will be enabled on logon).

* Password protection. (If you want to set a partymode password. Default is Spotify password.)
* Allow skipping to next song? (Yes/no).
* Volume lock. (Prevent volume from being changed).

# Queuing #
* Queuing:
    - Only allow queuing new tracks. (Prevents people from changing tracks in the middle of a song).
    - Only allow queuing X songs within Y second (Spam protection).
    - Only allow queuing X songs from same artist. (Spam protection).
    - If no songs in queue, play music from this playlist: <playlist>.
    - Time limit (Not allowed to queue songs longer that X minutes).
* Exclude genres, artists and songs.
* Store partymode to playlist: <playlist> (prevents clearing the queue on logout/login).

# Admin mode #
    - Unlock partymode.
    - Delete from queue.
    - Re-order queue.
    - Change track instantly.
    - Set/change partymode password.
    - Enable partymode.

# Defaults #
* Lock existing playlists so that they can't be modified or deleted.
* Partymode will not scrobble to last.fm.
* Partymode will prevent access to social networks.
* Purchases will not be allowed in partymode.
* Disable access to Inbox and other personal information.

[]Though I must say the way to controll the volume while you'r having a party is to use a spotify remote app instead. Way too easy to just crank up the speaker volume even if you have a volume lock.]

Updated on 2019-10-30

Hi everyone.

As our previous update mentions, when one idea includes (many) smaller parts it is virtually impossible to ever set it to Implemented. One part is implemented, another isn't, what do you do?

For all intents and purposes I'm treating this idea as one simple suggestion:

"Let my fellow party people somehow connect to my session and add their tracks."

This has now been implemented on both iOS and Android in Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and Sweden.

To that end I've set this to Implemented.

If the original author of this idea, or anyone else for that matter, would like to request additional features, please do a quick search of our Idea Exchange and either vote on an existing idea, or make a new suggestion.

And, please keep in mind to keep suggestions as separate as possible; it'll make it easier for us to update a status in future. (And save all of us from more walls of text :))

Party on!

Comments
joranimo86
Looks like it... so maybe I didn’t explain it well enough like you. Anyway Spotify is not looking into this so...
Dingdongdipidy

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t, it would get them so much more business among college students especially. People love to feel included and if everyone is on Spotify building the party’s  music together, the people who don’t have Spotify will want to get it so they can be apart of it all. 

steviez

Take a look at the original thread (page 1).  This has sat around for years.  Again... they don't really take customer input as useful.  And apparently don't care much to read this.

joranimo86
Furthermore its an easy way of getting to know new songs that you also like. Usually I’m at a party and I like a song, try to remember what it was like if I can’t Shazam it or check the name in some other way. With this you could just “relive” the party so it’s a nice take away as well...
richy_d

Save party playlist aswell!!!!!

jrlaff

I don't get it. This one has gathered more than 2k likes and you suggest to create more specific requests. Ok, but then why do you close each specific request this way:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Party-Mode-prevent-anything-but-to-queue-music/idi-p/4...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Playlists-Party-mode-queue/idi-p/1348242

Updated on 2018-05-28

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

Any news regarding this request will be announced in the similar idea topic here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partify-Spotify-Party-Mode/idi-p/42115%C2%A0

Please add your votes and comments there, if you haven't already. 😉

I have created a dedicated topic for the Queue only mode (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Party-Mode-Only-Queue/idi-p/4689461), which is probably the most annoying bahavior described here (the other one are very interesting feature requests indeed, but facing the issue when in a party is so fustrating).

Let's hope this one will not be closed as Duplicate...
jctron3

What about a jukebox feature that people can access from their own devices? You could access by scanning a code and then any song search/selected would go to the queue... 

Goodman
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-10-30

Hi everyone.

As our previous update mentions, when one idea includes (many) smaller parts it is virtually impossible to ever set it to Implemented. One part is implemented, another isn't, what do you do?

For all intents and purposes I'm treating this idea as one simple suggestion:

"Let my fellow party people somehow connect to my session and add their tracks."

This has now been implemented on both iOS and Android in Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and Sweden.

To that end I've set this to Implemented.

If the original author of this idea, or anyone else for that matter, would like to request additional features, please do a quick search of our Idea Exchange and either vote on an existing idea, or make a new suggestion.

And, please keep in mind to keep suggestions as separate as possible; it'll make it easier for us to update a status in future. (And save all of us from more walls of text :))

Party on!

MattSuda

I don't think this can be marked as implemented if the feature is only available in 3-4 countries of the many Spotify is available in. 

steviez

Right?  I live in the US.  Was one of the original people asking for this.  Love how it was just implemented and closed because it was put in for other places.  I mean....   the support on Spotify is horrendous.