[All Platforms][Playlists] Active and Inactive Songs Within a Playlist

This is an idea to create a way to "deactivate" songs within a playlist. The songs will still remain in the playlist (perhaps unchecked or slightly faded out on the screen) so that you do not forget about them, but will not be played when you play the playlist. This would allow you to build larger playlists of songs, but then temporarily edit the playback of songs depending on the situation.

I have found that with playlists I have been adding to over the past several years, there are times when I wish to skip playback for some time of certain songs that have been on the playlist for a long time. I don't necessarily want to completely remove these songs, because I know I will want to add them back later, and I also don't want to create a second playlist with all other songs except for these specific songs. A way to temporarily stop the playback of these songs (without me forgetting about the songs) would be a great addition to Spotify!

Updated on 2019-10-04

Marked as a new idea :)

Comments
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-10-04

Marked as a new idea :)

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Thanks,

Would be nice indeed. You got my vote.

Regards,

René

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

I'm not sure if this thing exist I'll use it but in the other hand definitely is something that could help some people, it would be nice.