Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Add the same song to multiple playlists simultaneously

There is no reason why Spotify shouldn't have a functionality on at least the desktop app where you can drag one song into as many "selected" playlists as you want and have that song added to all of them at the same time…

Here's a little more info to back up this request:

I'm, for one, the kind of person who obsesses over music, and a huge component of that is the way in which I organize my playlists.

I believe it is probably safe to say that most people wish their music was better organized, but the primary reason why they aren't is simply the amount of time it takes to put together quality playlists. Instead, what most people end up with are a small handful of enormous playlist hundreds, if not thousands, of songs that have no rhyme or reason to why they are in the same playlists.

To avoid this dilemma, I have spent hours and hours sorting through all my favorite songs and making different types of playlists that they may fit into. One thing I learned early on is that a particular song is likely going to fit into multiple playlists, and this is where the problem lies and the primary reason why most people avoid making well thought out playlists altogether.

In order to add a song to all the playlists I want, I have to sit at my computer and continuously drag a new song I want put into different playlists into each individual one over and over again which, when organizing dozens or even hundreds of songs, can take an insane amount of unnecessary time. And that is if you happen to be creating and organizing playlists on the desktop app… if you are trying to do this on your phone, you might as well forget about it - it would take you an hour to add 20 different songs to 10 different playlists.

That is why I believe Spotify should add a function (starting on desktop and eventually moving onto mobile like they are likely to do with the "folders" for playlists) in which a single song can be added to multiple playlists at the same time.

Attached is a picture originally posted by a subscriber named anaraee who had requested this a few years ago, but apparently wasn't able to get enough traction then... hopefully this time will be different.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-14%20at%202.00.12%20AM.png

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Akaseth

Reviving this idea, had it myself. It is the one thing about Spotify that is pretty annoying and unnecessarily so, there are so many apps that do exactly the same thing.

Alexxx_916

This feature should really be implemented. I don't imagine it would be that hard to do, and it's annoying AF when you add to a song to 3 or 4 playlists and have to click each one each time. Would be very nice to be able to check each list I want to add it to and click ok or something and be done vs doing it 1x1.

Akaseth

Definitely, quite unbelievable that it isn't already, would probably only take an intern programmer 10mins to implement it and there have been guys asking for it for years

yme1111

Need this to happen, it's so time consuming to add a song to 5 or 10 playlists out of 2K+ playlists.  Please make it happen Spotify.

Akaseth

Helloooooooo Spotify?!?! Can you please fix without a doubt THE MOST ANNOYING thing about Spotify? How long do we have to keep on asking for? I'll pay for the programming, it'll cost a bout $100 to pay a dude in Vietnam to do it, it isn't rocket science

Peter701

I would like to have this.

I know it is easier and faster for the "big" playlist creators like spotify itself or Digster to create their playlists, but I think I am not the only one, who thinks it it is useful to have the ability to add a song to multiple playlists.

It could be realized by simply adding a complete new feature "Add to.." and by clicking on it, a window opens, which shows your customizable playlists which can be marked.

DuncanOldham

It is such a pain having to manually add a track to so many playlists that I use. Please fix this, Spotify 🙂

Akaseth

Spotify please

I'm down on my knees

Spotify please

We've been asking you for years

Spotify please

It would be the bees knees

Spotify please

Or I'll send you a plague of fleas

jayfisq

This would be so nice to finally have!! I have MISSED this opportunity since the start of Spotify

Adding one song to multiple playlists simply by having to open only one search window is ideal!

An indicator updating which songs there are already on a list would work well - although having the option to add one song to a playlist twice is still a nice option to have!

Searching for one or more specific playlists by using the filtering-search should work by including all the playlists archieved in 'Playlist Folders' as well!

(This update would help all users from ever-scrolling and wasting precious time to enjoy listening & growing with the experience of the music)

Love

Dedicted user + listener

StRaIgHt-TrIppn

When adding a song to a playlist(s) it would be nice to add a song to multiple lists at once, rather than one playlist at a time.