Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Add the same song to multiple playlists simultaneously

There is no reason why Spotify shouldn't have a functionality on at least the desktop app where you can drag one song into as many "selected" playlists as you want and have that song added to all of them at the same time…

Here's a little more info to back up this request:

I'm, for one, the kind of person who obsesses over music, and a huge component of that is the way in which I organize my playlists.

I believe it is probably safe to say that most people wish their music was better organized, but the primary reason why they aren't is simply the amount of time it takes to put together quality playlists. Instead, what most people end up with are a small handful of enormous playlist hundreds, if not thousands, of songs that have no rhyme or reason to why they are in the same playlists.

To avoid this dilemma, I have spent hours and hours sorting through all my favorite songs and making different types of playlists that they may fit into. One thing I learned early on is that a particular song is likely going to fit into multiple playlists, and this is where the problem lies and the primary reason why most people avoid making well thought out playlists altogether.

In order to add a song to all the playlists I want, I have to sit at my computer and continuously drag a new song I want put into different playlists into each individual one over and over again which, when organizing dozens or even hundreds of songs, can take an insane amount of unnecessary time. And that is if you happen to be creating and organizing playlists on the desktop app… if you are trying to do this on your phone, you might as well forget about it - it would take you an hour to add 20 different songs to 10 different playlists.

That is why I believe Spotify should add a function (starting on desktop and eventually moving onto mobile like they are likely to do with the "folders" for playlists) in which a single song can be added to multiple playlists at the same time.

Attached is a picture originally posted by a subscriber named anaraee who had requested this a few years ago, but apparently wasn't able to get enough traction then... hopefully this time will be different.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-14%20at%202.00.12%20AM.png

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
eschurr

I think Spotify spends more time generating playlists for people who just want to click on a station and let it play than adding features for people who want to manage their own music. That's why they haven't added such basic functionality for folks who love to create their own lists. 

memolee

Come on Spotify, this can't be so difficult to add this essential option! It's really a pain in the ass to a the same song in multiple playlists at once! Especially if you have so many playlists! 

Kandutho

It’s really annoying that when i want to add a song to multiple playlists i have to add it one by one instead of just checking some boxes all at once

memolee

I totally agree with you! 

dddforever

Over a month ago I had a feature where I was able to add a single song to multiple playlists. I could choose a song and then select multiple playlist at a time that I wanted to add it to or remove it from. Unfortunately this feature dissapeared about 2 days ago for me. It is such a convenient feature. Very efficient! I am extremely saddened that I no longer have it and it has seemed to disappear. It would be lovely if this feature could be brought back! Thank you! This screenshot is NOT edited, this is a screenshot from an ipad pro. This feature really did exist for some time. After speaking with a spotify agent it was concluded that I was a tester for this feature and it was temporarily rolled out to test how well it would do. Clearly it is in great demand and should become a permanent feature! I love it!

IMG_20221124_022544_593.jpg

blazethesnek

this seems like a good sign if they are testing the feature. lets hope its soon! 

did they give a timeframe ?

Svenjanna99

I had the feature for some days too and am devastated that it is gone again ... Hope it is back soon!

martu6kata

I’m 1000% for this idea - in fact my Spotify did have this amazing feature for a very short sweet while and now it’s gone again.

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

With thanks,

Martina

visxality

Praying this feature arrives early 2023. I don't get what's taking so long 😕

CitronTea

It is quite cumbersome to press the Add Playlist button every time and add one by one. Especially if you're someone like me who makes multiple playlists and saves music. Whenever I look for new music and listen to it, there is a function that I always wanted. It is a function that allows to select and add or remove several playlists from one screen in the form of a check box, and check which playlist has already been added through the check box. Regardless of PC or mobile, I think we will be able to search and enjoy music comfortably if we have this function :))