Announcements

[All Platforms][Playlists] Allow friends to suggest songs to your playlists

I love the idea of Collab playlists, but I still like cultivating my own playlists for myself to listen. i really like it when friends of mine then listen to these playlists and send me songs suggestions, but I wish there was a way to do that through spotify. Like what if there was a option that you could allow song suggestions from your followers for a specific playlist(s), and then you can either accept the suggestion & it gets added to your playlist, or you can decline it and the suggestion disappears. This would be similar in functionality to either adding or declining the spotify suggestions at the bottom of each playlist, but they would be coming directly from your friends instead. I think this would be a great way to build your playlists & discover new songs from friends 😀while still being able to have full discretion over what gets added

Updated on 2020-11-13

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! I’ve marked this as a new idea. This idea is a repost of this inactive idea and this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here 🙂

Comments
Noah
Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-11-13

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! I’ve marked this as a new idea. This idea is a repost of this inactive idea and this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here 🙂

Jpgchief
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Never crossed my mind but it's true, happens all the time to me, that someone that likes some of my playlists reaches me out via Instagram, Facebook, or email to let me know that they have a track that might fit in the playlist...  In this way, they could use this button to send me the suggestion and that would be awesome.  You have my vote obviously. 

Cheers!!!

BellaK_396
Rising Star 11
Rising Star 11

This is a really creative idea! That would be handy!

Motx
Casual Listener

Awesome idea! Further more I believe this would increase the users interaction not just with the platform, but between ourselves !

MadmanOnWheels
Roadie

Why is this idea connected to my idea, via the status updates of "A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Owner-controls-collaboration-playlist/idi-p/49229" and "Edit: This idea has been reposted here." for these two other ideas in between mine and this one?

This is a good idea, and I voted for it, but even though it could be seen as for collaborative playlists, it's not explicitly for them.

If nobody is able to vote for the one that mine is considered a duplicate of (from 2012), or the idea that it's been reposted as, by someone else (from 2019, after mine was posted), then why does my idea lead to those, and why is it considered a duplicate of the one from 2012, still? Can that idea come out of inactive status? If so, how many votes does it need, in what amount of time?

Enable the "Vote" button, again.

If not, my idea should no longer be considered a duplicate of it. People are currently able to vote for it.

These ideas should not be linked together, anyway.