[All Platforms][Playlists] Edit feature for end of the year playlists.

What I listen to to fall asleep are more of just sounds (e.g. ocean, piano, etc.). I would just like to be able to delete these from my “top played” songs in my 2019 Wrapped playlist. Maybe when deleting one, there’s a suggestion for the next most played song that’s not in the playlist to keep the length. They just don’t make any sense with the rest of the songs.

Updated on 2019-12-05

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-12-05

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

kmayer21

I agree with this! I fall asleep with deep sleep, jazz, etc. and they all found their way on to my top tracks in 2019. My discover weekly isn't as useable as it used to be because of this.  It would be nice to have a way to remove these from consideration of the algorithm. Maybe a way to filter out an entire playlist from consideration. 

hoodwink
Visitor

I'm in the same boat. I fall asleep to Bob Marley. I wish I could filter him out. Look at my Top Songs from 2019 and then the first 12 songs on my playlist are Bob as well. I love what Spotify is doing with this data, but a filter option would be cool or at least as this posts ask for, the ability to remove songs from the Top Songs Playlist.

Thank You Spotify!

Screenshot_20191205-094418.pngScreenshot_20191205-110502.png

watthem
Casual Listener

I completely agree. I've been using Spotify since 2009 and I always look forward to these reviews but because of technical miscalculations on our end, this year was a little... unrepresentative of what I actually enjoy listening to.

My wife was using our Google Home to play a particular album to help our child fall asleep every day, and I guess after 114 hours of listening to it in 2019, my entire Year In Review experience was a bit below par. 

On a related note, I have this same issue with the "On Repeat" playlists.

To Spotify support:

1. Will going into the Artist page and selecting "Do not play this artist" at least prevent this from reoccurring for automatic playlists creation (even if someone in my household is deliberately putting it on)?
  2. Is there any possibility for me to block this album/artist and regenerate my year in review? 

I'd truly loved the page that showed the last 10 years of listening and it's an unfortunate mistake on my part the 10-year anniversary is made up totally of an outlier, but it would be really nice for me to be able to retroactively fix it now.

bithagoras

I have the same Problem when listening to audiobooks. One book (6 hrs) - 120 Titles (Chapters) - then this will be one of my favorites. Although I never want to listen e.g. Adele - Metallica - Chapter 25 - Queen in my monthly summary. 

FuriousStyles1
Casual Listener

Yeah this would be nice since I got two songs on my playlist from an artist that I blocked and zero songs from an artist that I have been listening to every day for the last couple of months.

mariagroom22
Visitor

I really look forward to listening to my wrapped playlist, but this year my top song was something I've never even heard of before! I don't know how it ended up in there and everything else is good MINUS this one track and if I could delete it, that'd be great.

okashiikessen
Casual Listener

YES! I came here to post a pretty similar idea - still going to. But my Sleep playlist skewed my end of year results. 😕

suprafer

Absolutely. We should be able to select what music we want or don't want to affect our suggestions and music tastes.

I also listen to different genres while studying and it has messed up all of my playlists (Daily Mixes and suggestions).

Check this thread because it's quite similar to your idea. However Spotify doesn't seem to be listening to this request.

theAuoraBeam
Visitor

Absolutely!!

I feel the same very strongly. It's the ONLY thing that made me sad about the end-of-year wrap up.

I know people who sometimes share accounts and that can mess with the numbers too, it would be really nice to have this feature for them too.