[All Platforms][Playlists] Filter Liked Songs by year liked

As my music tastes have changed over the years, the music that I have "liked (<3)" has changed and I do not always want to listen to songs in my "liked (<3)" playlist that were added in a certain year (I have been a Spotifty user since 2008/2009 and the genre of songs I have "liked (<3)" has varied widely over the years). 

I would like to see more filter parameters added to the "liked (<3)" playlist section such that you can filter and play "liked (<3)" songs by the year you "liked (<3)" them, for example.  This would also make it easier to bulk "un-like (</3)" songs from years ago that you no longer wish to appear in the playlist.  

Updated on 2020-01-22

Marked as a new idea + edited title slightly!

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-01-15

Hello,

It's possible to sort any playlist, including the Liked Songs by date added. On desktop you could easily drag all songs from a specific year to a playlist called 2015, for example. Is this what you are looking for?

Looking forward to your reply.

GGregD

I believe the OP wants to be able to remove songs from playlists Spotify generates based on your past use. You  can remove songs from your own playlists, but not from automatically created lists.

bmwild
Casual Listener
  1. Thank you Guido and Greg.  I am talking about songs I have hit the like button on over the years, and want to know if it's possible to filter by, say, all the songs I liked in 2017 only.  I have not used the desktop version in some time, so it could be that Guido's method could work if the "liked songs" playlist functions in the same manner as other playlists - the mobile version of Spotify may be skewing my sense of the functionalities available. 

Hey @bmwild,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. 

You're right: while it's possible to sort Liked Songs by year liked, it's currently not possible to filter them by year liked.

We've now gone ahead and marked your idea as a 'New Idea' - we've also edited the title slightly to make it more concise.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-22

Marked as a new idea + edited title slightly!