Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] I want complete history of all songs

I want to be able to view all songs I have listened to. I will remember some song I was listening to a few months ago and can't remember the name. I want to be able to see EVERY SONG I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Also being able to delete songs from history that I didn't like which creates suggestions for songs I don't like would be nice. I WANT TO SEE EVERY SONG I HAVE EVER PLAYED. DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU HAVE A HISTORY FEATURE ALREADY. IT'S NOT TRUE. THANK YOU!!!

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-11-01

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea. Others can now vote on it and add to the conversation to show their support.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Happy listening 🎶

TheSlus

I am in favor of this feature. In addition a play count would be good to have as well

Jpgchief

Definitely, would be good to have the same things that you have in other sites like for example Last.fm and even I know you have an option to look to your tracks that you have been listening to but isn't something easy to find for everyone, would be better if you have this option inside the App in both smartphone and desktop.

Cheers!!!

Bella_K

This would help so much! Especially with playlists that I follow that are public - as the

playlists change and I don't remember what the original songs and order were. 😬 😂

denzoned

Yeah, that would be nice along the count how often a song has been played like in iTunes (Play Count if I remember correctly). Maybe just for PC.

ckmaier

last.fm does this quite well and links with Spotify. It appears that the link with last.fm is one-way (Spotify to last.fm) for Scrobbling, but it would be pretty fantastic if the data were returned into Spotify or if last.fm profiles were linked within Spotify user profiles.

The networkability aspect of last.fm is really lacking and I think Spotify could really add value there by being kind of an intersection between FB and last.fm..

shre1960j

Here's a novel idea, wouldn't it be nice if Spotify would stop telling me what I might like and want to listen to? My music tastes are heterogeneous and I doubt if the system programmers truly understand the depth of the meaning of that word! I'm eclectic and proud of it! I love ABBA and Zappa and ZZ Top, but the common theme is older music. The "Funk Brothers" played on more number one hits than Elvis, The Beach Boys, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones combined but I doubt if the system programmers can tell me who the "Funk Brothers" are. I'm entitled to the power to "DELETE" the useless music Spotify keeps trying to shove down my throat! One day it will get bitten off!

timmofo

Sometimes Spotify's radio mode picks a really great track, that I want to listen to again, but I'm deep in conversation and don't want to pull out my iPhone, so being able to backtrack the next day and find "the song we fell in love to" rather than losing it forever would be a really nice feature to have.

It also means I will get heaps more value out of the radio algorithms, and be able to find new interesting artists I like via Spotify, so wins all round right?

Great to help people be more connected with each-other and less connected to their devices in the social moments that matter too 😄    Am I selling it to ya?  😄 😄 😄

tschieggm

I'm coming from Google Play Music and they had a page where you could scroll through played history indefinitely. It's really helpful if you were listening to a new artist a month ago and forgot who they were. Currently that information is lost or hidden with only a single grid or list of maybe the 10 most recent history items.

KevBoneGT

I use last.fm just because Spotify doesn't let me do this. Would really like to see my history from the other day without using a 3rd party platform but it's all I have right now.