Announcements

[All Platforms][Playlists] Increase maximum songs allowed in a playlist

First, thanks Spotify for lifting the ceiling on the number of songs that can be saved in my library.

However, that original idea really was about removing the 10,000 song list ceiling in a single playlist:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs-allowe...

I need the ability to have supersize playlists because my music discovery method uses a massive playlist of listened-to songs to help me identify new songs. I copy songs in bulk to that playlist, disallow duplicates, and look for the new stuff when I sort by date added.

Mr. Spotify, tear down this wall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NjNL4Nsa4Q

Spotify community, please validate and vote!!!

Updated on 2020-09-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-09-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

@robert_joy   Thanks for asking for this as it is a feature that should of been available from the start of Spotify!

Roadie

>> ... I need to copy songs in bulk to that supersized playlist, disallow duplicates . . . .

Yes, the ability to play from supersized playlists is top requirement for serious music fans-- Otherwise, Spotify is frustrating and repetitive like Pandora.

And yes, this play from supersized playlists has been tops from the beginnings of Spotify.  Some may disagree . . . .

Luckily my friends showed me how to collect and edit and combine supersized playlists using what Spotify has given us plus some quick and return processing to and from a few formulated Excel spreadsheets.  Otherwise, I could not play from my 117,875 track and growing AllOfSpotify_Queue >> http://open.spotify.com/user/rednblu/playlist/4BIEfdQC3CXOa1N0mTFAEy << with zero repeats in a rolling 90 days of continuous play-- and with zero unrequested covers, and with zero unrequested Remixes.

Maybe my friends will show up and give us instructions again in how we can do this ourselves!

Or maybe Spotify will do this right this time . . . .

Regardless-- this processing from supersized playlists is top requirement if you know music and would like variety-- and if you seek new music and new artists.

As someone who never migrated to Library and still uses a "Starred" playlist as their library, I also would love to see this cap removed. Hoping this change gets implemented.

Casual Listener

While I personally don't use Spotify in this manner (I typically play Liked Songs on random), I do plan on eventually digitizing music I have on cassette and vinyl which is not available on Spotify and at that point would want to be able to bulk copy everything from Liked Songs PLUS all the digitized files (stored in Google Drive) so I could access all my music at any time on the road. A lot of the music I enjoy has never made it to streaming services and I would want it all to be accessible in one place. 

Once all that digitizing was done, I would need a playlist on the order of 30,000 to 40,000 to accommodate what would be there and allow for future growth since I do still listen to new music and discover older music I enjoy all the time.

Casual Listener

I just now created a profile so I could +1 that a bigger playlist cap needs to be implemented.

Overall, I'd love for the playlist cap to not even exist, but at the very least, double the cap from 10,000 to 20,000. It's long overdue.