Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Move track to top or bottom in playlist with 1 click

My idea is when you right-click on a track in your playlist, there is an option that says "move track to top" or "Move track to bottom" now I have to drag the track to the top myself and with over 1500 tracks in my playlist it takes some time to do, because when you pre-save a track it comes to the top of your playlist and when you add a track by yourself in comes to the bottom. Make a feature that you can move tracks to the top or bottom of your playlist with 1 -click.

move to.png

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Ester453

Please please please make this a feature, it would make Spotify ideal for me

cjavier

Really not sure how this hasn't been considered important enough to be implemented yet!
We've been looking for this feature for years. 

For any real power user of Spotify this is truly essential. I'm sure many folks have ongoing playlists being curated and anything new would naturally be put to the top of the list. 

caeldom

With the latest version of Spotify app on Windows 10, dragging a track to the edges no longer scrolls the playlist... now moving a newly added track to the very top of a long playlist is ridiculously time consuming. This is absolutely infuriating, PLEASE fix this!

EDIT: 

In the meantime I came up with a workaround solution!!

1. Select all tracks you want to reposition with Ctrl + click or Shift + click

2. Scroll to top of the playlist, Ctrl + click a "marker" track you want all the selected tracks to be repositioned directly under***

3. Now click and drag the marker track then immediately release it in the same position

4. All the other selected tracks will now be repositioned directly under that track!

5. Bonus: Ctrl + Z to undo the move

***actually, the other selected tracks will be moved to the marker track relative to where they were in the playlist, so if they were originally somewhere higher than the marker, they will stack directly above, somewhere lower will be stacked directly under.

Hope that helps everyone! This technically won't move selected tracks straight to position 1, since you always need to select a "marker" track to move tracks under, but it's close enough.

East930th

This feature was there some point in 2020. I remembering organzing my playlist and not having to drag long list of song wihtout breaking my fingers. Now back in 2021-12-28 I can't find this again. I tried to move songs in my playlist and its taking unnecessarily long time!. I have to click multiple songs move to like 5 slots up and keep doing it until it sorted as I like. How is this not already a feature!!!

Sphinxmorpher

This idea is even more relevant now, since you can't drag songs to the top manually anymore - you can only move them to the top of the screen, and with a large playlist it takes forever to drag-release-scroll-reselect and repeat...

snogards99

so annoying. I'm a UI programmer, can I fix this for you guys?

killswitch85

i'm sure we can have a whip-round 🙂

lucaskitchen-7

My longest playlist is over 1100 songs long and I can't even drag songs to the top anymore!? This is even more frustrating when you use Android auto and you can't easily scroll to the bottom of your playlist where the new songs are.  Pleas fix this Spotify, this isn't a complicated feature.

Thait

This would be great, especially having hundreds of songs in a playlist and having to individually drag them to the top is time consuming. I don't understand how this idea was implemented from the very start, I swear Spotify staff don't know what they're doing.

djkoley

Please let the new songs we add to our playlist go to the top it makes no sense at bottom??!