[All Platforms][Playlists] Option to remove / hide songs in followed playlists

Hi there. I'm aware this has been posted before in a few different ways! But I really think it needs some more consideration, so I'll try it again.

I like following other peoples' playlists. Mostly to find new gems to put in my own playlists. But obviously I hardly ever like EVERY song in someones playlist.

If the playlists are really long, it takes some time (sometimes weeks) to listen to every song in it. Right now it's hard to keep track of where I left off. It would be nice to hide songs I don't like, or I've already put in a different playlist.

What I do now: I copy the entire playlist, and edit that one over the course of those weeks. But that's annoying because it's static, not updated by the one who created the playlist. So I have to keep track of two different playlists...

I know hiding songs has been made possible in discover weekly. Would be nice if the same functionality is made available in every followed playlist!

A way of implementing could be: Grey out the songs if you select them and hit backspace. So they're still visible but greyed-out, and they just don't play.

It's quite a specific request, I see it's not something every user would use. But the true music lovers would celebrate such a feature!

Thanks!

Updated on 2019-03-11

Marked as a new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-03-11

Marked as a new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

TuomasVau
Casual Listener

I posted a similar idea without knowing about yours: "I wish I could retire/archive old songs (that I've grown a bit tired of) from my playlists without deleting them. I organise most of my music into playlists, and over time those lists get big. I want to keep (not forget) that rock song from 2010 in my playlist, but have it not play in shuffle mode."

I like your hide/grey out idea a lot, and would find it very useful!