Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
look4wrd

Beats per minute (BPM) would be the number one sortable column I would love to see added. Would really help when putting together playlists for dance, exercise, yoga; anything that requires a particular rhthym. Track number would be helpful also.

Freshf1

This idea is very good. I have been missing columns like BPM. But then of course the BPM must be correct which it isn't when I use the sort by BPM. A lot of songs show double BPM.

HottoG

C'mon Spotify, every suggestion to do with showing play counts is marked as "Not right now". Ok then, how about "Soon"?

I need play counts badly. Your "random" algorithms create Daily Mix playlists that, I swear, play too many of the same songs too many times. I have thousands of songs and have never heard far too many of them. Giving me access to a Play Count would let me make playlists of less-heard songs.

Please! Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nysteve

The only reason I will not switch to premium is because I don't have the ability to make notes in at the very least comment column. This limits your userbase to simply people who listen rather than really listen or DJ or collect. 

wendyschmidt

I am all for more columns and more control over sorting, especially the ability to do so by release date and genre.

RonyDart

I know design teams tend to be minimalist, but that could be an advanced feature, hidden in menus so onle who really want the feature would turn it on. For one who wants this, this feature is a must have.

Also a way to be able to rate songs, would be great.

Spotify keeps creating things that THEY think are usefull but forget to make current users happier with improvements WE want!

If you agree with me, please vote in the idea below and support it:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Personal-Rating-of-Music/idi-p/179102

Nathan-Huck

Genre would be useful, I have a huge playlist with songs I like but sometimes listening to a mix of genres puts me off.

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-10-11

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

fair11sc

Good luck! I've been asking for this for YEARS. Would love to see a "Sort by... Recently Updated" as well, because how irritating is it to open Spotify just to see that you have new music downloading, but no idea which playlist amongst the 100s that I have is actually updating. Sure, I could scroll and see which one doesn't have the green download symbol next to it at that time, but chances are I'm going to forget the name of that playlist within seconds, or it will download and update so fast I don't even get that chance. The ability to sort by different categories would be absolutely phenomenal.

389f7-_owx6d8

Yes please! sort by year!!!!