Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
zhjhalls

A Great Idea! I think even implementing a proper playlist editor which isn't confined by the RHS would be a start. Such a shame it hasn't been done already. I sort of expected this sort of thing when I joined.

ritz23-cabz

SORT OF

@fair11sc wrote:

When on the desktop version of Spotify, and on a Mac, go to File > New Playlist Folder.

I'm sure it is very similar on a PC as well.

I didn't know that neither!

Now we need a right click refferal "move to folder"

thnx 🙂

xfehxd

Yes, totally necessary if Spotify wants to be on par with "normal" music players.

The filtera andsearch options are VERY poor.

I like listening to albums and it's a big chore if you want to have some kind of organization.

This would be a big change to make life using it easier.

shovlin03

i believe this to be absolutely a useful tool... if can sort by year will help identify songs from specific decades easier within a playlist for help creating new playlists... also could be like a countdown to the latest songs in your playlist over a specific decade...

Soundofus

These kinds of searches are an evidence when we work on such a big data base.

chickendippers

It's really strange to listen to my local albums out of order. Being able to listen to a local album in track number order seems like a hunble request.

There are plenty of albums not available on the Spotify service, so I find myself quitting SPotify and using Windows Media Player to listen to and manage my local music.

It would be nice if this area of Spotify received some love.

art1976

Playlist can just add "songs" but can't have "album playlist" or "band playlist". i would love to create a playlist like top 20 best thrash meal album or favorite 30 thrash matal bands into my playlist. but it's not allowed. it will be very convenient if playlist allows users to add "albums" or "bands" but  not only "songs"

art1976

Playlist can just add "songs" but can't have "album playlist" or "band playlist". i would love to create a playlist like top 20 best thrash meal album or favorite 30 thrash matal band into my playlist. but it's not allowed. it will be very convenient if playlist allows users to add "albums" or "bands" but  not only "songs"

bennettdouglas

I literally just logged on to present this idea. I would love to be able to sort my songs in my playlists by personal plays and total playcount!!!