Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists][Premium] Preview song samples when adding songs to playlists

Bring the ability to preview songs when adding them to a playlist back, it makes it extremely hard to find new music to add to a playlist cause you no longer know what it sounds like without listening to it separately from the add songs list. The feature made it supremely satisfying to make a new playlist and removing this feature ruins the likeability of the app for both me and many other listeners. It's a extreme mistake and I'd highly recommend to add it back not only for ease of UI but for general expansion of music exploration.

Updated on 2022-05-14

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Tufu

It's back 🙂

unichaun

This would be great to have on spotify app:  https://discoverquickly.com

prasannakvenkat

This feature is already live, right? I'm able to preview songs when adding it to my playlist.

jayespea

Yes, the feature is live, at least for paying users.

ElijahP

Back when I had the free version of Spotify, I could click on a song and it would play at the middle of the song for about 10 seconds, and frankly, I kinda miss it

jayespea

Ho ElijahP. The feature is back for paid users. It is not for the free version?

rairianm

ElijahP,

I also had the preview feature when I had Spotify free. In fact, I intentionally put off buying premium to preserve my access to the feature. I only switched recently after learning that it should be available to premium users… which didn’t prove true for me. As much as I enjoy being ad-free and getting to choose specific songs, I almost regret buying the subscription now that I can’t preview songs within playlists anymore.

jayespea

ElijahP,

To the best of my understanding, this board is concerning the feature of being able to preview songs when searching for new songs to add to a playlist (a very useful feature), not songs already in a playlist. For the paid version this feature was removed for awhile, which myself and others thought ridiculous. We complained and perhaps that is why Spotify re-implemented the feature. I just tried it, in a paid account. I can sample songs for consideration to add to a playlist. 

Spotteddick11

This has just happened to me. I'm so shocked, I'm frantically searching around trying to find if it can be fixed and lo and behold they did this months earlier and ir delayed it for me. I feel so robbed what tf are they doing?

Kk128

The only I feel they removed this feature was to get more money. This is an absolutely ridiculous update that is a bad move on their part. It makes it so much harder to find new music to add to your playlists.