Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists][Premium] Preview song samples when adding songs to playlists

Bring the ability to preview songs when adding them to a playlist back, it makes it extremely hard to find new music to add to a playlist cause you no longer know what it sounds like without listening to it separately from the add songs list. The feature made it supremely satisfying to make a new playlist and removing this feature ruins the likeability of the app for both me and many other listeners. It's a extreme mistake and I'd highly recommend to add it back not only for ease of UI but for general expansion of music exploration.

Updated on 2022-05-14

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Kyran17

Who on earth thought removing this feature was a good idea?

opu

Who came up with this really bright idea to remove the preview? As a short joke this was o.k. but now it's time to drink responsibly and start making decisions when sober.

shanicenaomi

I still can't believe they removed this feature. Why would I add new music to a playlist if I can't preview it first??

Frederik81

227 votes! ❤️

Spotify should, by their own stipulation, change this idea from “good idea” to “live idea”:

Live Idea 

Ideas that have gathered 180 +Votes in under 6 months get this status and they are brought to the attention of the Spotify team.”

fl_r_

this was such an important feature, please bring it back.

ihatejordon

It’s ridiculous to remove a feature so simple and so useful. It defeats the purpose of the “add songs” tab and it makes it difficult to explore more music. Isn’t that one of the main purposes of Spotify? To find more and different music? Users literally move from Apple Music to Spotify for this feature (like me) and for them to remove it absolutely shows the lack of consideration for its users. Hopefully this vote will make a difference because I am livid. L update, sorry Spotify.

Ignacevau

Thanks so much for bringing it back!

jayespea

Yes, thank you Spotify for taking heed. 

rustandstardust

For anyone still keeping up with this thread, let it be known Spotify did NOT add back the feature (that has been in place for literal years) for ALL users, only their precious little premium babies. As usual, Spotify proves that no matter how many ads you sit through, they only care about you if you’re lining their greedy pockets directly. Advertisers should take note as well that Spotify will do everything they can to either drive users away or force them to pay for premium, which means advertising on Spotify is not a sound investment as it will continue to reach a smaller and smaller audience. I, for one, will be moving over to Apple Music. If I’m going to be forced to pay for a music service, it will be one that actually CARES about its users that have been with them for YEARS. 

Eggdog

Who in the right mind thought removing the ability to listen to more songs, was a good idea. Spotify who are you hiring!?