Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists][Premium] Preview song samples when adding songs to playlists

Bring the ability to preview songs when adding them to a playlist back, it makes it extremely hard to find new music to add to a playlist cause you no longer know what it sounds like without listening to it separately from the add songs list. The feature made it supremely satisfying to make a new playlist and removing this feature ruins the likeability of the app for both me and many other listeners. It's a extreme mistake and I'd highly recommend to add it back not only for ease of UI but for general expansion of music exploration.

Updated on 2022-05-14

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
enrikoma

Once again for free account the functions to listen to song preview and options (three dots) to get info and manage songs, artists have disappeared from the mobile App.

These are heavy limitations in basic App features which spoil the Spotify experience for everyone.

Restore them, please.

GATarHeel

So learning it used to be a function that got removed is a little curious, and my vote is that it be restored.

Not knowing exactly how it worked before, I'd be into "dropping the needle" in the middle of a track and playing about 15 seconds then moving to the next track in the playlist.

I'm neither a DJ nor do I download music but merely use Spotify almost daily to broaden my interests and find new artists.

jayespea

GATarHeel, if you are referring to the sample function when adding songs, it has been restored at least for paying customers, for a long time. 

Yes, it plays a fifteen seconds that gives you a good idea about the song, not right at the beginning. 

GATarHeel
Thank you, Jayespea - I've been a paid customer for a while and never knew
that. Guess I'll keep looking for it.

But what I'm really after is to sample an entire playlist.
Car stereos used to have a "scan" feature (6 seconds of play) until it
landed on a station you wanted to listen to.
enrikoma
Mashing up songs for new ways of playing, choosing where (how) to join multiple tracks selected into one too.