[All Platforms][Playlists] Quiz to Generate Playlist

As I go to browse various playlists under a genre or what mood I am in, I tend to scroll through all options taking forever to choose one. How can I choose just one? I know I am not the only one who is indecisive enough to take forever in choosing a playlist.

Though Spotify has taken music personalization far with our Daily Mixes and other playlists, what if there was an option for them to create a playlist specific to you based on your answers to a few questions?

My Idea:

Have a button to generate questions like: "What are you doing?", "What mood are you in?", "Upbeat or downbeat?", "Length of the playlist?", "Artists you know, don't know or both?", etc.

Based on your answers (preferably multiple choice answers), a playlist would generate just for you in that time and place. No need to scroll through trying to make a decision. At some point after listening to the playlist, a pop up will show asking if the user is enjoying the selections. The playlist could readjust based on the user's answer or keep it the same and see if the user wants to save it for future listening.

Updated on 2020-06-25

Hey @aasevo,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Composer

Hi @aasevo,

Wow, What An Idea Mate.. Awesome.. Well, I Don't Know Whether Any Similar Idea Has Been Posted Before Or Not.. Or Will This Idea Get Accepted Or Not By Spotify.. But, I Loved Your Idea Lot.. And Hence, I Have Casted My Vote For You Dear.. Take Care And Stay Safe.. And Keep Bringing Awesome Ideas Like This..

Thanking You..

With Regards,

Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-25

Hey @aasevo,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Visitor

This is an amazing idea that I personally feel would add to Spotify’s advantage over other music streaming services! This is definitely something I would use often and tell other people about!