Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Recover Playlists From Since the Account Opened

I used to be able to access all of my deleted playlists through the "Recover Playlist" page and now I can only see them if they've been deleted within the past 30 days. I was recently looking for a playlist that I had had for three years and had deleted a year ago but I wanted to get back into. With the option to get it back, I have lost it forever and that honestly sucks. I say all playlists should show up in the recover playlist page with the option to delete them forever if you want.

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

I would love to be able to recover a playlist I made for a dear friend. I was angry and stupid and I deleted it and now she has passed away and I can't share it with any of her loved ones to remember her by. I tried recovering it through the account process but it wasn't there. I would give anything to be able to get it back. I am so devistated and angry and myself for deleting it. I would love to be able to have it back so I can listen to it for her and share it with everyone who loved her dearly. Thank you so much to the wonderful soul who initially came up with this idea. I really hope that we can get access to our deleted playlist from when we first made our Spotify accounts. It would mean the absolute universe to me. Thank you so much.

supertomtom1995

This used to work for playlists considerably older than 90 days, and I was intentionally keeping some playlists here to reduce clutter. It is distressing to know that a lot of my old playlists are now gone forever, as I have been using Spotify for many years now. Is there a way to recover playlists older than 2021? I intend to now keep most playlists in my account so as to not lose them again.

Masgel

Been trying to find a name for a very certain song that was in a playlist I made in about 2017-2018 - deleted playlists list is empty, the inset of the song in another playlist that survived from that time is gone (because the track's licence ran out, I think, which is why I was no longer able to listen to it on Spotify in the first place) and YouTube search is giving me no dice. Best I remember is that I either found it on a playlist Spotify made (which also seems to be gone) or it was in my recommendation feed.
Regardless, this feature would at the very least help me get some closure on that track and it's name.

j_singer24

I wish I could recover one of my older playlists too. It had so much meaning to me and helped me during a hard time of my life 😞

Luxx0r

Yes , this would highly be in spotify's top priority , this feature wouldn immensely help a lot of people taking a trip back to nostalgia town or simply recovering their years old playlist . I too was looking for a way to recover my old playlist but could only found that it only saves playlist up to 90 days , such a bummer

mckaylafreeman

As a paying spotify customer I would really like this feature to return. I was unaware of the 90 day feature and am saddened when I went to look at my old playlists and found none of them there. I was always aware of the recover feature so I deleted playlist all the time knowing I could conveniently look back and listen if I desired. As a customer I think for many this feature being removed has lost a lot of memories- especially as many were not aware of this change. 

amy735

Yes please allow recovery of playlists older than 90days. Old playlists from previous years are tied with a lot of memories for the users and i think a lot of them would love to have at least an option to bring some of these back.