[All Platforms][Playlists] Revert Daily Mixes to Continuous Play

Today I realized something strange with my daily mixes in my smartphone and the desk, usually a Daily Mix can't be saved as a normal playlist and haves a constant actualization, but now they appears like a regular playlist and even can be saved, I don't know if this is a problem that just happens to me or someone else, I want to know if there's a solution to return the daily mixes to their normal way.

Thank you

spotify.png

Updated on 2019-10-09

Hey @Shoko99, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

This is actually an intended change, your Daily Mix should still be a new playlist every day. One option you have for the time being is to enable the "Autoplay" option -- when the playlist ends, similar tracks will continue to play.

I went ahead and marked this as a New Idea and changed the title from "Problem with my Daily Mixes" to "Revert Daily Mixes to Continuous Play.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Comments
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-10-09

Hey @Shoko99, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

This is actually an intended change, your Daily Mix should still be a new playlist every day. One option you have for the time being is to enable the "Autoplay" option -- when the playlist ends, similar tracks will continue to play.

I went ahead and marked this as a New Idea and changed the title from "Problem with my Daily Mixes" to "Revert Daily Mixes to Continuous Play.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

mduchezeau
Music Fan

Thanks for posting. I have been 'spamming' the forums today with this exact issue. Very unhappy about it. Consider myself having voted!

abattleofone

This change is garbage. The Daily Mixes being endless was the main reason I use Spotify. Being able to continue in the endless mix wherever I was at was perfect. I could listen to a mix for a while, listen to an album, and then go back to the mix without repeating the same songs. Now, that will just reshuffle a playlist I have already listened to (so no, the continue playing when the music stops feature is not good enough in this situation because it is accomplishing something very different from what the Daily Mixes used to). Bring back the endless Daily Mixes - I would just listen to playlists if that is what I watned to do.

WeirdMinotaur

What a terrible idea

Anrotje

Really disappointed in this change.

Daily Mixes used to be my favorite feature due to them constantly refreshing and giving me new music to listen to. I loved that I was able to choose a genre and just keep that vibe going all day.

To me, a 50-song playlist that won't even get me through the morning just doesn't suffice.

Please change this back to the way it was, or at least give us the option for a manual refresh.

ipottersmith

Very upset with the change! Please revert to continuous play, Daily Mixes are my most used feature.

lschpmn

Thanks for ruining the way I use the app 90% of the time, what a terrible terrible idea.

Also, "Autoplay" isn't a fix at all. Unless you can only turn on autplay for the daily mixes and literally nothing else. As the only place I want infinite play is in radios and daily mixes. Why ruin that?

losludvig
Visitor

Not only are the auto playlists now limited to 50 tracks, but you can't modify them in any way. spotify has gone from autoplaying stuff I want 98% of the time to filling out 50 track playlists with almost 50% stuff I don't want to ever listen to, and the option to "ban" tracks or artists no longer exists.

I have had a premium account since the day spotify came to denmark but if this is not reverted within the next month I'm out.

DannyLemos

Yeah this is an absolutely terrible change for me. Ruined the best feature and what was the only real purpose of the daily mix

barbquebutt
Casual Listener

Spotify, please fix this. This has legitimately been putting a damper on my days.