Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Upload GIFs as Playlist Covers

I think it would be really great if Spotify could allow GIFs to be uploaded as Spotify Playlist Covers - it would add a nice touch of personality to each playlist and make it pop even more! I really like the animated covers of some Spotify Playlists and it would be really cool if we could do something similar with our playlists

This idea has been submitted a few times before but I genuinely love the idea and think it deserves another shot at voting and I hope it gets enough votes this time! 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
vanilleskoo

It would be great if we could ad videos as our playlist cover. It would look awesome on our profile. Please vote 🙂 It can be gifs too.

Yordan
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

tmjk4

you could include a setting to disable all gifs to be still images and/or pause by tapping and stay paused until tapped again

BabyEcho0_YT_SP

I have one here thats been up

my post 

dartyboss

That’s great idea we have waited since 3 years when it comes ?

HighImBlade

This would be awesome since I animated my own playlist covers and would love to use them!

nytrofactor

change to right now or ill stop paying.  : ) ty!

ThiccHorseDaddy

It would be pretty cool if you would allow for a GIF to be used for a Playlist photo.

loreleikrv

In addition to playlist covers, it would be super cool to be able to upload gifs as profile photos!

zv1vbulkfs5ayiwawrte

Spotify pleaseeeee!!!!!!