Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] View all playlist followers/who likes my playlists

I would really like the ability to view all of my playlist followers and I am sure I am not the only one. What I am suggesting is a simple system, where you could press on the "# Followers" section of the playlist Window:

allow view followers.png

I would suggest it would either give you a drop down of all the followers or even better (in my opinion), a redirect to another page with all the followers on it similar to the Following/Followers tab in the Follow page of the client.

Please add your kudos and any comments here!

Peter

Updated on 2019-01-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Kagan4

This is honestly a matter of security. We all deserve to know who is following our playlist

AurelieCrette

I was about to give up on this transparency and data ownership issue until I got the notifications from this thread ! Thanks guys for keeping fighting !

-----------

Spotify, why would you be able to know who is interested about our musical taste and not us ? Someone mentioned a security issue, I feel there's also a huge difference in terms of values here ! How could a moral (or physical) entity have broader rights than another one in terms of non critical information sharing ?? What kind of society are you contributing to ?

Does it mean you're considering paid information access within your platform to grow your business ? Does that mean that in a few days / months / years you will offer a Freemium ++ or a B2C plan in which people who subscribe will have acces to advanced features that will include new fonctionnalities especially knowing your playlist followers ?

#blackmirror

chinharilla18
klaflin

This is dumb as **bleep** that we can't see who is following our lists. Like why would we NOT be able to?

Maddyk892

This has to happen, i’m super curious about who’s following my playlists

Moe81

Hey, 

This is something that you should done long time ago!

Before when someone started following. you got a mail....what happened?!

/Moe

@TomLegend wrote:

Updated on 2019-01-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Thanks for answering, but its kind of like an answer from a politicion, " like we hear you but we wont listen "

Ok .. i will give this a rest for 12 months, then see how many more want it and nag again.

Lostdog

murrayc

14448 votes, how many more need to vote for this?

bekici

It is very ridiculous that this feature doesn't exist yet! Add it please!

GlitchMcGuffin

I already stopped paying premium because of this. It's insulting and enraging, they think we don't matter enough to even give an explanation to.  Not once have they said WHY?!!  I want old Spotify back.