Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] View all playlist followers/who likes my playlists

I would really like the ability to view all of my playlist followers and I am sure I am not the only one. What I am suggesting is a simple system, where you could press on the "# Followers" section of the playlist Window:

allow view followers.png

I would suggest it would either give you a drop down of all the followers or even better (in my opinion), a redirect to another page with all the followers on it similar to the Following/Followers tab in the Follow page of the client.

Please add your kudos and any comments here!

Peter

Updated on 2019-01-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Keyan12

pls

taylorralph

Hi Spotify, can you add this feature back or give users a sense of why it’s been blocked? One of the best features of social media is to see who shares your interests and spark real connections as a result. Please bring it back!

Jessicafizz

I agree with this idea. There's no way to vote for it, though. 

LuvahBoy

It's very odd that this isn't a feature.  It's so simple and obvious.  Even odder that it once was and now isn't.  I agree it would be a good way to network with other listeners with similar music tastes.  I also have a suspicion an ex is following my love playlists and would sure like to know who's cyber-stalking me!

_Plum_

Will this ever happen or has it been forgotten?

Louis0303

Please Spotify I beg you. I’d really love to find people with similar tastes to mine. I have an account with 2 followers and a (currently) 133h playlist with 6 likes. I’d love to see the playlists of anyone who’s liked my playlist that isn’t already a follower. If the issue is privacy you could send out an email to users or do some sort of in-app press release saying ‘yay, from next week you’ll be able to see who follows your playlist! Connect with fellow music lovers and discover together!’ Or something of the like. I feel this would excite users as well as warning stalks to unlike preventing the privacy issue I must assume is stopping you from implementing this brilliant and popular idea. Another way to prevent any privacy issue - as I assume this is the only issue - would be for only the owner of the playlist to be able to view a list of people who like their playlist. I just really think this is a brilliant idea and if you don’t implement it i would strongly suspect it’s because Spotify likes your playlist or uses bots to boost your ego which would be rather horrible. I’d rather have no likes on a playlist than to be led to believe there’s 6 people out there with a music taste similar to mine. If it’s not spotify/bots liking the playlists then knowing I can’t connect with these musically-like-minded people is utterly infuriating. It would be a brilliant way to find new music. Do it now Spotify! Please!!! We’ve been asking for f*****g years! Why wouldn’t you do it? You can see how popular this idea is. You can’t use the privacy excuse as I’ve just given two examples of ways to prevent privacy breaches (which I don’t even feel are breaches - you can see who follows you so why not playlist followers). If you don’t implement it your proving that your company or bots are out there likening our playlist as a sly business tactic to make us feel special and further enjoy your app which is deceitful and unacceptable and a sneaky tactic to continue filling your pockets with our money.

skhomyn

Spotify, I will literally code this feature for free if you let me.

Louis0303

It’s been 3 and half years since your last pathetic status update! Can we get the next update asap, it’s long overdue. For the next update I don’t want some simple message saying ‘we’re keeping this idea as a not right now.’ Why?! Why not right now? Why was the feature removed in 2013 when it was clearly so popular? I want answers Spotify! If you’re going to let 24,000 users down at least have the dignity to tell them why you wont implement this ideas rather than using the classic political tactic of pretending your explaining your reason while really saying nothing. Don’t wrote 2 paragraphs of nonsense. If you won’t implement this feature I - and I’m sure everyone else in this thread - want a clear, honest and coherent answer as to why this hasn’t been a feature since 2013. It’s a joke. Bring it back. I’ve seen messages in this thread of users willing to do the programming for free. You’ve got no excuse Spotify, you’re not slithering out of this one. As your customers who pay your salary we deserve answers. Non of this ‘we’re keeping this idea as a not right now rubbish.’ Why not right now. Explain yourselves or risk loosing business. I’ve been asking for years. Some have been asking since 2013, that’s almost 10 years. Yet you still lack the decency - a whole decade later - to give your users a valid reason. Bring it back or explain yourself probably! It’s as simple as that

YoBenjiMan

I know that there has been a post like this before, but I wanted to bring this back because I feel like this could be useful. You should be able to see who is liking your playlists. I am curious who is actually liking them, and it could possibly show me who has the same interests as me. Please consider this!

ashtonhanson

I would like to know who follows/likes my playlists and I know many other people do as well.