Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] bring Canvas to other platforms (Desktop, Tablet, TV, consoles)

I, for one, actually like the Canvasing ideas on songs. To be honest, I wish there was more as I have my phone on a charging dock on my desk next to my monitor (audio bluetoothed to my stereo) and I can't help but think that the idea of the canvas should be expanded to tablets and the desktop app. I think its a nice surprise, even if its only a few seconds on a loop for the length of the song.  I'm sure over time you'll add more to iconic songs of the past as you also keep adding them to newly released tracks.

I see there are plenty of other users out there that don't particularly care for the option. That's fine; it's not for everybody. I still think it should be expanded upon. When I'm using airplay at home to listen to music, it always gets my attention when the canvases pop up, but this doesn't happen when I have my iPad on airplay, just iPhone. The canvas seems like a more lively visual compared to just a plain 'Now Playing' screen. Just something to consider. 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
anthonystealey
Yes! This feature is so cool i'm going to keep pushing for it for sure!!
Rumeysa
I cannot use the "Canvas" feature. Not in the settings, either.
anthonystealey

What kind of device are you using? What OS?

SS8004

ABSOLUTELY!!! 

Phones largely sit in a pocket etc, a TV is always on show, what better way to enjoy music at the centre of the home through the best sound system than being accompanied by cool visuals!!! 

anthonystealey

Right?! Thank you so much for the hype on this. I really hope this feature lifts off. Would make Spotify much more fun to use and show off with cool visuals! TV, tablet, PC, Android, iOS, anywhere! Canvas everywhere!

Maury28

Yes! I always have dinners parties in my place with friends and I always play music on Spotify on my tv and would be awesome if canvas could be added! Just a boring static image is not cool...hehe please add canvas for TV! 

anthonystealey

@Maury28 Yes, this is the hype we need. Canvas should be available on all devices, not just mobile phones with newer OS!! Keep the hype going. Tell your friends!

MK5342

I think this is a great idea, The playback mode on TV/Roku app is a little plain currently. I have just purchased a Roku purely for playing via Spotify app. I would add to this feature by saying there should be an option to swap between the following modes:

Artwork + Text

Canvas + Text

Artwork + Canvas + text

I would also add by saying artwork resolution needs to be raised, looks pretty bad on my 22 inch TV. 

EgiszZ

+1000! 

I'd like to have it on Android Auto. Please make it happen! 

anthonystealey

Yes!! We want this!!!